Svi?

I'm proud to be a member of a sport fishing lobby group that does put fish first. They get it, you can't continue to fight over the last few fish. We need to pressure government to reinvest in our fish by seriously allocating enough money to restore our streams and rivers and to ramp enhancement production up and sustain it until the stream work allows wild salmon to repopulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, most excellent meeting and presentation by Alex & crew. Twyla Roscovich is a superb filmmaker and be prepared to be blown-away when you see this expose'.

After seeing this film, I suspect any that were 'on-the-fence' concerning the fish-farming industry will be suitably appalled and moved to join the fight to forever banish this horrific industry from our coastline and save Pacific Salmon.

Clearly, our fish need our help as the Harper government is a bonafide co-conspirator in the orchestration of their demise.

Excellent job by the Anglers Coalition crew as well. Meeting went off without a hitch and I'm happy to say that all 5-Inaugural Directors' will sit on the Board for the next year to carry out the great work they've only just started.

Surely, they've earned it.

I agree with all above that not only was last night's meeting a very good and informative one, but also that the SVIAC is fighting the right cause and this will benefit fisherman across BC. Alexandra Morton, although she likely rarely if ever fishes SVI, you could tell that she sees tremendous value in the group not only for our own interests on SVI but for Pacific Salmon and the ecosystem as a whole. I suspect that other people from other areas will realize this over time and support the common cause.

As for the movie. It was a truly moving account of the situation that has been created by allowing the fish farm industry to operate as it has. This movie will go viral. It will open the eyes of BC, Canada, and maybe the most important in getting the farms out of the water, the US consumers of most of these sick fish. I am very optimistic that this will be a great piece of ammo that could bring about a lot of change. The DFO statements were absolutely shocking and embarrassing to be Canadian.

The film will likely hit YouTube before long and yes, it should be a real eye-opener for the Yanks - who eat about 9 out of every 10 farm-fish we grow here.

Fishfarming: 'A big Norwegian-doggy crapping in our front yard while growing fish to feed the Yanks!'

Back