Where are Sunshine Coast Cleaning Tables

Bugs

Hi Folks

As part of ongoing PIT tag research (https://www.survivalbottlenecks.ca/) we are conducting scans of the outfalls of cleaning tables looking for tags that washed out of harvested fish (they last indefinitely if not crushed). We will shortly be scanning tables on the Sunshine Coast and we are wondering is we are missing any. We have:

Powell River Docks North of Ferry: North Dock Table and South Dock Table, and the table up high at the top of the ramp.
Beachside Gardens Resort
John Henry's (Pender Harbour)
Pender Harbour Resort
A small table here (49.622937 -124.024591) in Pender Harbour (not sure what it is called)
Secret Cove
Gibson's Marina

Any we are missing? Anything in PR south of Ferry? Anything in Sechelt?

Looking for tables that get decent use. Tables where outfall is onto riprap (as at secret cove) are generally less useful (as tags slip down), however, if this is above low tide mark (as for the table at the top of the ramp at Powell River) we can get right in there and stick a wand in the cracks and detect tags. If you can suggest tables would be good to know location, use level, what is under the table, and if there is a locked gate

Thanks for any suggestions!

There's one at Port Stalashen for sure. None come to mind on the straits side around sechelt until you're at secret cove marina. There must be on at the Back Eddy Resort but I can't picture it as I always take my catch back to our place. There could be one at Tilicum Bay?

going to be a but tough at Gibson's as it has a resident seal or two plus otters, all so low tide its still has fairly deep water unless your wand is on a long pole???

Thanks for the responses! We actually lower the antenna down with weights on a rope... so it works well... And regarding the otters etc... most often the tags are loose in the body cavity... so even if something grabs the guts and eats them... is is more likely that the tag will end up on the table and get washed off, sinking straight down. We get tags below outfall pipes even at locations where the actual guts are collected in buckets and dumped elsewhere.

Back