Renfrew 2010 Reports

anyone care to guess what the weather will be like based on the forecast for sunday? last time i was there i had the same forecast.. and was the only boat out by the end of the day [xx(]

img3937n.jpg

Fished up there Thursday and Friday. The only good thing was the weather. Fishing was very slow on the beach. Saw the guides were doing well on the banks offshore but not much happening on the beach. Not a sniff on Friday and only one small one on Thursday. Lots of bombers in tight which chewed through the bait. Hopefully will improve next week....

The beach has been slow but the afternoon flood currents have produced fri aft hit quite a few between 2 and 430 all 20-28lbs sat aft was slow though only boated a couple.

uuuuuh, that was a grind for sure. Fished Staurday from 5:00 am until around 3:00 ( not my usual deal out there but I had a daytripper with me. Fished WalBran and managed two teenagers that I released. Took a jaunt to Nitinat . Water was awsome. Some low laying fog throughout the day but no salmon for me there. Lots of bottom fish ( bombers, ling and greenling ) coming up for our bait. Even a fast shallow troll wouldn't keep them away.

Good see you out on the water Trev. The new ride looks spanky. Hopefully it suits you well.
Maybe see you again in a couple weeks. I shall keep an eye and ear out.

Good luck out there guys

HL

Heading up to Renfrew Tues and Wed. Any recomendations on which part of Swifture to try and target springs? I have had a lot of success with halibut and coho (like most everyone else) but I have not really targeted springs on the bank. Any help with location, depth, and bait would be very helpfull. Depending on weather we will probably fish the beach on Tues and the bank on Wed.

Thanks in advance!

Still pretty quiet on the beach. Need to travel lots to find the fish that want to bite and when you do most of the time they are bombers. Sounder is showing fish but not in very big numbers. Bait is not that plentiful either.

oh it was brutal big tight swell with a ebb made for huge seas.But tuffed it out and got some nice haly anchored up off nitnat.

Springs on the beach are slow good out on the bank when the wind lets up,the beach fishing will get better with the upcoming morning high slacks.

I'll be back for those morning slacks!

I'll be up for a triple day so we should see about a beer if you guys are around after the shift.

Good luck till then:D

HL

ill be out sunday aswell (arriving sat night).
is the fishing still at the NE corner of the bank?

img3937n.jpg

We fished Tuesday and Wednesday on the beach. 1 24 at Logan Tues. morning--that was it! Next time.
T2

Juan de Fuca Strait.
Friday..Wind west 10 knots increasing to westerly 20 to 30 in the
afternoon.
Saturday..Wind west 10 knots increasing to westerly 20 to 30 late in
the day.
Sunday..Wind light increasing to westerly 20 to 30 knots late in the
day.

img3937n.jpg

Fished Tuesday afternoon and most of the day Wed until about 2:30 pm. Kept a smaller one Tuesday and lost a 20+ at the boat after a great fight. That was at Logan at 55 feet on the downrigger.

Wed the fog was in so we fished the beach until 10 am...did not see or hear of any fish getting caught between Camper and Logan. Ran out to the bank at 10 am (rough ride out and back). Picked up a couple of feeder springs at 30 feet on the downrigger. The fish were there on the bank but by the time we found the location and depth we were short on time and had to start heading for home.

Good luck

Back