Renfrew 2010 Reports

Thurs was a great day good early bite for springs we landed 3 in short order including a 35lbr we got back from the seal then went and picked up off nitnat got our haly fairly quick back to logan just in time to get a couple more largest in the aft was 32.

Fri was a disaster very slow no spring bite in the morforning went haly fishing then back to the beach for the afternoon bite where we hit 3 and never got any.

Today was decent again with a great early bite then fish getting hit all through the day.

Thurs was a great day good early bite for springs we landed 3 in short order including a 35lbr we got back from the seal then went and picked up off nitnat got our haly fairly quick back to logan just in time to get a couple more largest in the aft was 32.

Fri was a disaster very slow no spring bite in the morforning went haly fishing then back to the beach for the afternoon bite where we hit 3 and never got any.

Today was decent again with a great early bite then fish getting hit all through the day.

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Big enough where I have a new bag for my net in my truck right now, and not in the boat because of putting off putting that new bag on [B)]. So no weight or pics to share of that one.
So, does that mean you did or didn't get it into the boat? :D

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Big enough where I have a new bag for my net in my truck right now, and not in the boat because of putting off putting that new bag on [B)]. So no weight or pics to share of that one.
So, does that mean you did or didn't get it into the boat? :D

Was 2 for 6 at logan on sunday,biggest close to 30 (white). Lost 2 in the high 20's next to the boat, new fishing partner got his fingers caught twice in the handles:( It would have been a early day. He did manage to boat one with alot of coaching to keep his big hands away from the handles when the fish wants to go the other way;) Don't know how the guide's do it with newbies.

quote:Originally posted by KCW

Was 2 for 6 at logan on sunday,biggest close to 30 (white). Lost 2 in the high 20's next to the boat, new fishing partner got his fingers caught twice in the handles:( It would have been a early day. He did manage to boat one with alot of coaching to keep his big hands away from the handles when the fish wants to go the other way;) Don't know how the guide's do it with newbies.
Smack their hands with a stick if they clamp on plus tell them to watch their rod tip and don't look at the fish

I dont know, Somtimes I take buddies fishing and some of them get it and some dont. My good buddy went with me a few times last year and I took him to catch some of those nice coho's and he learnt very fast when the fish is going to take line. The first time he hooked into a spring he looked like a pro!

Then you have those guys who just dont get it no matter how much you tell them. My dad grew up fishing totem poles and petz reels and he still tries to palm his islander :p

-Steve

What's the last gas station heading West to Renfrew I can fuel the boat up at? Also, does the Marina in Renfrew sell gas?

Pescador

Guys, any updates from today? Much activity? How's water and weather? What are the weapons of choice right now?

Pescador

Heard a rumour about a certain guide in this thread hooking into a major slab this week! Any confirmation...

I am heading out on Thursday - can't wait...

Yup Rumor confirmed it was a beauty.
Today was a mess huge outflow winds 2 hours to get back from the bank sounds the same for the am.

I think jaun will post a pic or maybe the marina my camera is at home for the little one.

AS for fish report steady is the best way to describe it one day you hit a great bite and hit 10 fish and the next you work hard for 5 or 6 the fish are spread out all over from owen to logan the afternoon tides will be the ticket for the rest of the week.

See you up here.

56lbs. Way to go dude. Course you didn't do sh$%^tyou know . Your guest caught it. LOLOLOL..... yeah, always loved that line.

Hot rod there banana man!

I'll give you a shout when I get up there this weekend.

Back