Renfrew 2010 Reports

quote:Originally posted by Barbender

Nedarb do you tow your rig out every time?

so far, yup. im doing forest fire fighting and am amazed im not on call yet, when i am it means the boat isnt being used till end of aug when i do 1 week of fishing before school starts, so were not going to leave it sitting out there all summer. say hi if you see me out there this weekend!

and if you see me on the water, ide love some pics of my boat running, i dont have any ;)

img3937n.jpg

Anything happen off the beach this weekend?

decent bite this morning off the beach, nice and calm all day too.
guys going to the far side of the bank were coming back with 10+ fish (coho, halis and spring)

the bite was not on my side today... released 2 undersize springs, 1 wild coho, and had several hali bites but nothing stuck. Got a couple nice yellow eye though, including a 2 for 1 deal.

img4075.jpg

img4078f.jpg

img3937n.jpg

Thx for that nedarb..
Spent the morning off Camper. I wouldnt say gangbusters but put a 22 an 25 in the boat before 10. Died after that and fished till noon.
30 an 40 ft on those mini herrings

I've had a last minute change of plans and would like to find a place to stay in or near Renfrew for a couple days midweek during the first week of August. I have my own boat so just need accommodations. Any recommendations would be appreciated

Try Anglers retreat it's a great place thats where i keep my guests they all have nothing but good to say. 250-588-1383 tell Kathy bananas sent you.

Fished Monday on the beach. Bite turned on around 9 Am with a 30 and lost another similar size right at the boat. Few other boats where having success as well. Camper was quiet but further west seemed to be good. Bait was not working our fish came on artificial.

I saw you in the river on Sunday Nedbarb by the time I got my camera ready you had passed. Let me know next time you are headed up. Boat looks real nice with the etecs on the back.

quote:Originally posted by Mudslide

I've had a last minute change of plans and would like to find a place to stay in or near Renfrew for a couple days midweek during the first week of August. I have my own boat so just need accommodations. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Just got this today! :)

Reservations for 4 pple aug.8-14 2010
I do have availability for that date for 4 pple. Please advise me if that is suitable for you. We will need a cc# to assure your reservation. You can call me @ 250 647 5541 or email
Thank you Jaine
Port Renfrew Hotel
reception@portrenfrewresorts.com

heading up in the morning for few days, luna I tried calling ya few times to come with me and bags! Dewey gooned

Thanks guys and gals: you're the best. I'll try a couple of those. I blew and axle on the trailer commuting daily from Duncan to Renfrew last year. We're going to stay in Tahsis later in the week for three days.

Had to shop thru 15 or so 5-8lber's to get some in the high teens. Theres a wack of fish out there and a few on the beach aswel. Stopped at logan on our way back and picked up a 27lbr to tag out.;)....If u want lots of action the bank is where its at right now..:D

Pass the Pack

What kinda depth are you guys picking the springers at near the J bouy? We're fishing there Sat and maybe Sun depending on our success.

Don't stop reelin!

What kinda depth are you guys picking the springers at near the J bouy? We're fishing there Sat and maybe Sun depending on our success.

Don't stop reelin!

Back