Port Renfrew

Sounds like it is becoming fun out there. Rainy and cold up here. Will be out there soon enough! Looking forward to summer and FISHING!

The boys are playing hookie[}:)] and we are heading out to Renfrew on Tuesday. Hope to post a pic or 3 when we get back. If anyone has any last minute tips feel free to fire away..:D

manager here got out on Sunday - 4 of them took limit in hali with a few in the 40's...closer to shore anchored...tried some for salmon, but no luck there.

Tried for salmon on Saturday and Sunday , Camper all the way up to Carmanah and all the bays and kelp beds down again , one hit off of Bonilla at 45 ft on an anchovy in a clear head behind a heavy bend Abe and AL.; wind started to get up , nothing else to report.

AL

quote:Ya look at the weather forecast and save your gas money, its gonna get real ugly out there.

ya wouldn't you know it. Grr. Just my luck. I have been checking the weather every hour it seems.

:(

Thanks for the heads up

Where have you guys been checking the wind forecast as i usually use big wave but when i go to renny I try and go off jordon river forecast somewhat?

How have things been up there lately kelly? U been getting into many springs? Thanks for the reply never looked in that section on that site!

quote:Originally posted by Spooled Again

How have things been up there lately kelly? U been getting into many springs? Thanks for the reply never looked in that section on that site!

I have not been targetting them yet, as I rule I don't target untill June 15. There have been a few boats getting into some numbers of the, but it's far from hot right now. I haven't been on the water for a few weeks, but some guys are hitting them.

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com

Very , very spotty , hope we are not in for another year like last year for the wind ; just might be though if you listen to the global warming theorists.

AL

Still lots of halibut being caught west of Port Renfrew, towards Carmanah. This 130 lb caught yesterday, by Jolly Rogers, along with a few 20-30 pounders.

jrhali-754732.jpg

And FULL crab traps too. Good times!

John

fishingportrenfrew.ca
fishingsooke.ca

Now that's what I'm talkin about, oh how I wish to have one of them on the end of my line.

Nice John, Even bigger than the 112 lb we got last week. Looks like you went back to the same spot you took us. Thanks again for the great trip.
Tight lines
Kirk

I spent the day out in Renfrew.. One word. "SLOW":( for salmon. I ended up with a nice 8lb ling.

Word from the marina after I came in was that not much was coming in yet.

I know someone who fished wed,thur . They got there hallys and wed fishing camper 23,39 salmon thurday 52lb salmon and 18lb

quote:Originally posted by boomer

I know someone who fished wed,thur . They got there hallys and wed fishing camper 23,39 salmon thurday 52lb salmon and 18lb

Wow, good report...got a pic of that 52? That's a pretty good June fish!

fishingportrenfrew.ca
fishingsooke.ca

Back