Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Gong Show

It is that time of year again, and I am glutton for punishment.
Whatever you may think of the 'show', it is still a great reason to think fishing, fishing **** and fishing trips.

I am heading over to the Big Sh!tty for Thursday and Friday nights.
I will post up whatever Admin will allow that is relevant to this thread.

I am taking the seaplane over because I can pay with points, so if someone can smuggle in some Lucky cans, I will be appreciative.

I will be looking for AP spoons, gnarly Njord metal DR spools, and a new Wallas thru-hull exhaust that does not backdraft so easily and soot up the combustion chamber. I plan to be distracted by any other sorts of eye candy and in the best traditions of commercial fishing, will have months' worth of mad money burning holes in my pocket. It's a new season, let's get it started right!

Lucky.jpeg

Admin is already on me, I can't fake my usual cussing so easily with and addition of an !
Fishing stuff. There, that feels better.

Reactions: JWS
They still in biz? Last one in BC?

I'm coming if the commander launch is happening. I might have been messaging a seller about their commander today, shhh don't tell my wife.
Sometimes I feel like you know too much

No. Definitely not out of business. Head it from a friend...anyway I was hoping Honda marine would have the new 350 v8 there but I guess all that focus is in the states. Release date in April for us...

No. Definitely not out of business. Head it from a friend...anyway I was hoping Honda marine would have the new 350 v8 there but I guess all that focus is in the states. Release date in April for us...
Agreed, that Honda would be nice to go over the stats in detail with a rep.

I'm heading over Friday morning on the Hullo ferry

I bought our tickets months ago at half price, and we are making a day, and evening of it with 2 other couples. Actually the wives have commandeered this event (and the Car show as well), as we are heading to Cardero's. For them these Shows are a means to an end - a night out with close friends with some great seafood!

I looked at the Hullo ferry, I look forward to the reports.
I have some points that can be used on 'travel' and flights are covered, but I cannot get an answer as to ferries.
Also, I am a bit concerned about parking at the Downtown Nanaimo location for Hullo. I think it is pissing distance from the 'free republic of people experiencing homelessness'.
The convenience of taking the seaplane from Departure Bay, with free parking, and the ability to return on the BC Ferry if the flight falls through, and walk over to my truck, is comforting.

Why is there no SFBC lounge?! Maybe PNT and @WestCFishingTackle should set up a table and welcome presents for our crew members. A "CREW MEMBER" t-shirt with all of the forum sponsors on it would be cool. Or an "I love Rain City" one would be cool too. "F*** Rain City" would also sell well I'm sure.

Back