Port Renfrew

That's what I was refering to that hit four times and one took a run.. Salmon are around but few being caught. Saw a 16 on the scale on sat. Heard a few guys on the radio on Mon saying they got one. Slim pickings tho! Take lots of booze!

quote:Originally posted by Spooled Again

That's what I was refering to that hit four times and one took a run.. Salmon are around but few being caught. Saw a 16 on the scale on sat. Heard a few guys on the radio on Mon saying they got one. Slim pickings tho! Take lots of booze!

With the weather forecast for this Fri 25-35 KTS, salmon's probably going to be it. Maybe time to target 40's with with the help of a 40.

As I asked earlier, I keep reading that the halibut are in close, what is in close and for how long are they in close?

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

As I asked earlier, I keep reading that the halibut are in close, what is in close and for how long are they in close?

I have caught 'em in close all season (often incidently while fishing salmon), they are just targetted further out during the summer because it's usually more productive offshore.

Bonilla Point and Sombrio point are some close in places that I have had good luck.

Merritt Boy the Hali's are close to shore most of the time, you just have to fish them when your here.

Be sure to leave some fish for me guys, hope to be out there right away in July and on the water within minutes! lol

quote:Originally posted by jamaf

FYI guys they have paved the road from Mesachie lake to Port. Only about 4k is not paved about 25k down. Other than that its a nice drive now.
that's for sure, a nice smooth ride...cept for the view. first tiem to take a lookey

Are there any new reports from Renfrew for Salmon?? Is anyone catching anything and if so where and on what??

Hey guys can someone tell me the name of the campground located right at the renfrew marina, I want to keep my boat in the water this year instead of loading it up every day .

Hey guys can someone tell me the name of the campground located right at the renfrew marina, I want to keep my boat in the water this year instead of loading it up every day .

Took the wife to supper tonight and ran into a pair of old fishing partners from Renfrew , spring fishing picking up and a 36lb was taken off of Camper yesterday and there were several smaller ones between there and the rock pile taken.
Heading up there next week .

AL

Back