Port Renfrew

Duke point through cowichan would prolly be faster

One word of advice, from personal experience, and yes I still feel like a dummy even many years later. Make absolute sure you check your tie downs before heading down the road. Lots of dips in the road especially on the old pavement. I forgot to check mine one time and the boat bounced up off the trailer in a big dip, came back down a one of the rollers punched a hole in the hull. Damn. And take your time. It's not an Audobahn like some people think. Good luck and safe driving and boating.

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy
[br]SaltyBeaver, I wish! It won't be until June maybe July for me. We are headed to Lethbridge to watch baseball on the long weekend. But I hope that we will get out soon. 7 more weeks of teaching left! yeepee!
Been that route with baseball in Lethbridge on the May longweekend. Near white out conditions coming into Calgary from Kananaskas and had freezing snow in Lethbridge during my sons pitching game. Otherwise is was a very nice weekend. Have fun.

Lipripper ..... been in this area for 60 plus years and am unfamiliar with the Caycuse connector to Renfrew ?
Did you mean the Mesachie Lake turn off or are you going via Gordon River ?

AL

I think they just call it the Caycuse connector because it's just before the road to Caycuse. Theres is a sign there anyway saying this way to Renfrew. Used to be anyway.

Sorry Giterdone , never been called that since I've been around ,grew up in that area , was wondering if the reference to Caycuse connector was a mistake , or did he want to try going through the Carmanah main and hook back up to the Gordon or Harris main, didn't make sense to me .

AL

Your probably right,what do I know I've only been on that road a few times myself. I was referring to why someone else was calling it that. Sorry my mistake. And yes it is just after Mesachie.

FYI guys they have paved the road from Mesachie lake to Port. Only about 4k is not paved about 25k down. Other than that its a nice drive now.

Heading up there to get the trailer all set up and maybe sneak out and bounce my balls in the mud for a few hali's.. Let you know how I made out on mon when i get back home.. Anyone been going for salmon at all up there yet???

wondering if ya did ok on saturday kelly?

A smaller one?????? bet ya I beat ya on that LOL

lastchance seen you coming in early monday guess it was rough on the out side ?

we manged to pick one up on saturday around thirty when we were floating behind you a bit, think it was about noon when we hit it. nice day out there. lots of crabs :)

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

Fished mon outside and got one hali then fished at east point for two hours in the afternoon and got four really good hits had one hit hard and take a quick run but lost it. Nice calm day on the water tho.

Back