ECVI Nanoose Reports 2012....Gerald/Ballenas and area

Ya gettin old sucks Kelly, enjoy it while you can! What derby are talkin about or did I forget that too!.......BRS

Got out yesterday aft right at low tide and went 2 for 2. The first was a scrappy 18lb which was bonked and the second was a about half the size and I released him. There was tons of bait on the inside of Gerald, I wish I had more time but had to head in. Both fish on hootchys 150 to 170 tried 3 different spoons on the other side and squat.........BRS

The Bigredsnapper is now hi tec.....real time report from Gerald. Been trolling for half an hour and O for 1, it's a little choppy ad we missed the tide.......BRS

Got out for a couple hours and went to Ballenas. Tried the usual spoons and hootchys and decided to try some bait so I rigged up and anchovy in a glow teaser head and dropped it down to.180 and within ten minutes I had a beauty on. I was solo and going with the wind and he made a couple nice runs then nothing. When I checked the hook I realized he straightened one prong.I was using a gamagatsu barbless and then I remembered years ago at the river same thing. Went in to Gone Fishing yesterday aft and bought some#2 X3 strong mustads, lesson learned. Nothing else on the board but I did see one net at Ballenas and I heard the Tyee Slayer got three at Gerald yesterday........BRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Moon, how did you make out? We headed in for breaky but would have liked to stay for the bite. We picked up thathe 14 pounder right on bottom at that spot we saw you at Gerald. I did get a smaller one that was released and he gobbled an anchovy in one of the new bullet roll teaser head in green chrome. The other fish was on a glow green and white hootchy. Goin out again with Bushy not sure where but one guy got a 24lber at Ballenas so maybe there but maybe French Creek or Sangster.......I will bring my IPad and report if we get into some fish.......BRS.

Had one release that I missed and then nothing. Howie had the same experience at Ballenas. I heard that there was no action at Sangster a day or 2 ago. I got a report that FC was starting to improve early last week. I might head over to the Winchelsea area today and tomorrow. I will be watching for your real time reports

Well that was it all day, one fish on and lost. I think he was being chased by a seal, it was a nice fish and did a number on the cookies and cream spoon. Had to bend it back into shape. Hope things pick up soon......BRS

I might have picked up his baby sister this am. 24-25 lb same place, same spoon. First on a spoon in over a month. Heard 2 others picked there as well. Saw that a couple were taken off Gerald yesterday.

Should have added that it was in relatively shallow water approx. 170 or less. The other boat that picked up 2 were fishing shallower all morning.

Bushy went over to Ballenas on Thursday and not much happening so went to Gerald and got two. Nothing big, both on hootchy and the usual depth. There was also a 25lb Hali caught by Sea Lover at French Creek while trolling for salmon.......Hey Kelly if you want to join the ECVI Hali Club let me know....BRS

Good luck report when you get back, I might sneak out in the morning tomorrow. Will prob go to Gerald but have to be in early, stayed out a tad too late last week but it was Father's Day...........BRS

Put in a good shift at thrasher yesterday. It laid flat for most of the day and was really nice out there. Boxed a couple decent red springs. Both on chovies 70-90 ft. both fish caught in an hour window 3 hours before the low. uploadfromtaptalk1340549045868.jpg

Back