300k boat for 200k

That windshield is nice. Couple of different configurations over the years it looks like, an Alaskan bulkhead on this one. https://www.boats.com/power-boats/2005-seaswirl-striper-2901-walkaround-o-b-8763631/ @Sttr how many kids do you have? Finding a boat that sleeps 4 comfortably is a real challenge. My enclosure don't the back will be a saviour when the kids don't all want to sleep in the same bed with us. #kingsizeisnotbigenough
Ya…copy that, I’m not sure how big of a boat I need to satisfy everyone LoL.
That’s a nice boat, but my wife gets it confused with the word stripper too easily…
I don’t want a headache on a drunk night🤣
Nice price and nice to see these motors can do 2000 hours,

This one’s been for sale for a long time, and at that price point I would be willing to wait for a nice commander 30 to come up instead.
I wouldn’t be able to tow that thing either,
It would be a big plus for me if I can trailer the boat if I need to. 30 Marlin is under 11’ beam and dry weight in around 8500.
Marlin loaded up is approx 12,000lbs. Add motors, liquids and typical gear. Still very trailerable. I’ve researched them extensively. Best overall WAC in the market. Resale value is one of the best. Low risk purchase. Grady hardware and systems are easy to maintain. Everything is functional and high quality. Lotta parts between models are interchangeable. I’m really happy with my 228G and would move up to a Marlin in a heartbeat if I could find the ideal one. Good luck. You gotta move fast.

Have you looked into an ocean sport legacy?
Beauty boat, this Grady I’m going to see to comes at a very comfortable price point for me, if I had 225k plus taxes for a boat I would be considering many other boats.

The bay liner cierra has a pretty nice layout for cruising and camping with a fishy back deck. Not to sure about the reputation and build qualities aside from the outdated interiors. Power would be a concern as m sure you’d want lots of it and most seemed like they’d be under powered. Now that I’ve been looking, if I could find one with adequate power that was almost new power train I think I’d add them to my list.

The bay liner cierra has a pretty nice layout for cruising and camping with a fishy back deck. Not to sure about the reputation and build qualities aside from the outdated interiors. Power would be a concern as m sure you’d want lots of it and most seemed like they’d be under powered. Now that I’ve been looking, if I could find one with adequate power that was almost new power train I think I’d add them to my list.

You’d have to take the giant top enclosure off or risk Raincity lighting your boat on fire of course

The 454 cubic inch (7.4) versions were great, especially with Bravo 3 drives. These are laid out well, great cabin visibility, nice looking boat too. I was deciding between a 2700 SCR or this model years ago, but the price was better on the Maxum, but I went all over this design, and it is well suited to local waters, a week away etc.

The 454 cubic inch (7.4) versions were great, especially with Bravo 3 drives. These are laid out well, great cabin visibility, nice looking boat too. I was deciding between a 2700 SCR or this model years ago, but the price was better on the Maxum, but I went all over this design, and it is well suited to local waters, a week away etc.
Ya they have always kinda of caught my eye as they have a great layout. Ones I’ve seen online always have old out dated interior and clapped out looking motors. Are you familiar with how they ride. The one I posted is set up pretty sweet, I’d take most of the back enclosure’s off and it would be a nice fishing platform

Ya they have always kinda of caught my eye as they have a great layout. Ones I’ve seen online always have old out dated interior and clapped out looking motors. Are you familiar with how they ride. The one I posted is set up pretty sweet, I’d take most of the back enclosure’s off and it would be a nice fishing platform
It was out of Bellingham, so protected waters, not much chance to see rough water but I have seen them crossing the Georgia Strait many times with a nice attitude. Big enough to feel like a condo on the water, but not so big that you can forget about weight distribution etc.

I had a lady friend at the time, she loved the light coloured interior and open layout, stand up head with shower inside, excellent visibility to see out and other boats while on the hook or at the dock with shorepower, especially loved the large table with nook style seating. (kids, friends etc) From that, having the female along so they can point out things a guy might not think of is a good idea.

The local 2000 year for 50K looks nice, MPI big block with 671 hours and Bravo 3, here it is.

WA availablility.

I like the Vancouver one with the 383 stroker with only 300hrs. I don’t mind inboards but would only buy with a next to new one. Realistically I’ll just be keeping my trophy 2359 for quite some time still as there’s lots I like about it. Easy to use not intimidating to tow or operate, cheaper than a bigger boat. Getting tight on space though

Have you looked at the pursuit 3070s? Careful fuel tank inspections...have to cut deck to replace but otherwise incredible boats with a unique layout down below.

The Bravo 2 drive with the big diameter props are an efficient option as well. These boats are a great combination of overnight amenities and decent cruising speeds.

Back