300k boat for 200k

I'm a huge Pursuit fan but I've never seen a pilothouse style . They always seem to be express style with living and galley below deck level.Which is fine if your fishing all day and just want to eat and sleep till the morning.But I think the appeal for wives is to be in a cabin with a view ,warm and dry and can see what's going on out back like the Commander provides.Hard to find a comparable boat other than an outboard powered Seasport,Orca,Osprey,Parker which are all pretty hardcore fishing boats with little comfort or galley until you get into the bigger non-trailerable sizes.

The sailfish is probably a bit small for me, but the Marlin is big boat, lots of room.
Lots of guys have boats this style and enjoy them the whole summer with their families.
The Grady is probably a better ride in smaller chop than the commander, with less slapping, that’s kinda overlooked. And by the end of summer kids and wife need a break from the boat, school starts, and fishing solo or with a couple buds starts. I would be lucky to get out a couple times with the family in the colder months. We had heat in our 3/4 hardtop thunder jet and it worked ok, I’m sure you can keep warm enough in a bigger Grady

Can't remember where I seen it, but I seen a pursuit with a full Alaska style bulkhead. Maybe it was a custom job.

Here's my insight
As the person who bought the Snyder mobile!
Many people were upset rob sold it.
I however was happy he sold it!
Neither rob nor I have an idea of how many hours have been put into this boat. We know it's thousands! I have looked at many boats since I bought it! ( Lots of hourstons) the one thing I am most happy about is when you do a lot of the work yourself. Or at least oversee it. You know every square inch of the boat.
My vote would be finish the commander. And have a boat exactally the way you want it!
Even if it means keeping your thunderjet another year.

So, never posted here before but I very much feel your pain. While you were pulling your 26 apart I was doing the same with a zeta 26. Ultimately the future goal is that this is a fish boat or quick cruiser with the larger boat coming in the future as the ‘mothership’. The ultimate plan being to tow the comfy fish boat to desolation or further then be able to punch up north quickly for a few days of fishing or just have a slightly excessive runabout… several years off at this point.

We managed to push through to getting it back on the water, very happy we did. It cruises between 25 kts and 30 kts comfortably, when it blows up it can get a bit bouncy but then even a 30 foot protector does…. To test it out we put a 350 on the back, probably twin 250s will be the final configuration. However in it’s nearly there and in the current configuration it works, we can fish or go cruising for a week or two.

I can’t tell you what will work for you, but if the aim is cruising then get a big boat (assuming budget works), they come with tenders that can be very fishy, then finish up the 26, unfortunately anything comfortable for a family will be a challenge to tow depending on the level of comfort you want on a rainy evening.

Some pictures, again, not completely finished but functional…. The wings on the pod are fantastic. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

08B40B6C-CA4D-4A87-8521-9D90FAA43CD1.jpeg
513287C3-F20C-4490-AED6-D693B24E3871.jpeg0663FF41-BB12-400F-9592-4478A18A9357.jpeg987BF443-C3FB-4805-B03A-7F870D3F8947.jpegEC65060D-1F26-4679-B895-D81126E1953E.jpeg6FEC8132-7BE0-40A6-8897-114DA90D6574.jpeg8F3521C3-D37C-4093-B7C8-D411C0ED361E.jpeg6F7551BD-B8B6-41CD-AF9D-2DB8FC6B8866.jpeg

So, never posted here before but I very much feel your pain. While you were pulling your 26 apart I was doing the same with a zeta 26. Ultimately the future goal is that this is a fish boat or quick cruiser with the larger boat coming in the future as the ‘mothership’. The ultimate plan being to tow the comfy fish boat to desolation or further then be able to punch up north quickly for a few days of fishing or just have a slightly excessive runabout… several years off at this point.

We managed to push through to getting it back on the water, very happy we did. It cruises between 25 kts and 30 kts comfortably, when it blows up it can get a bit bouncy but then even a 30 foot protector does…. To test it out we put a 350 on the back, probably twin 250s will be the final configuration. However in it’s nearly there and in the current configuration it works, we can fish or go cruising for a week or two.

I can’t tell you what will work for you, but if the aim is cruising then get a big boat (assuming budget works), they come with tenders that can be very fishy, then finish up the 26, unfortunately anything comfortable for a family will be a challenge to tow depending on the level of comfort you want on a rainy evening.

Some pictures, again, not completely finished but functional…. The wings on the pod are fantastic. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

View attachment 91103
View attachment 91104View attachment 91105View attachment 91106View attachment 91107View attachment 91108View attachment 91109View attachment 91110
The only thing you should apologize for is not having done a build thread! Sick boat and really nice work.

View attachment 91103
View attachment 91104View attachment 91105View attachment 91106View attachment 91107View attachment 91108View attachment 91109View attachment 91110
I have that same cooler. Unreal. Your boat is pretty cool too

Did you do this build in Steveston?

Sell the river boat, to an Alberta boys.

Don’t forget the Boston Whaler Conquest. Get this guy down to 140 or 130 and you will have the best boat for running and gunning. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1165798930691934/?mibextid=6ojiHh
Running and gunning…. I like it!
So hard to find a boat that does everything right… I’m going to see a 30 Grady this weekend with the wife and kids!
She likes it better than a lot of pilothouse style boats. I think I’m sold on this boat, will keep ya updated!

Back