300k boat for 200k

Oh, I respect your opinions on boats. I wasn’t sure what the comparison was
Rodger that sir. It's all about checking those boxes. On the 28 to 30 foot sport fisher family cruiser with outboards is a tough category. Want it all in the same package. Most of us have 2 boats or 3 that do all those things. It's what you can live with and sacrifice at that point. It's all fun, however that one's a tough call.

That Lindell posted up here checked all of those boxes except for trailering. Which who wants that on the big scale. That would be a sacrifice for me.

Buddy just bought this same boat for 70CAD less after taxes out of the states similar hours different layout his has the bed and table fridge up higher with the bunk under helm and bathroom

Buddy just bought this same boat for 70CAD less after taxes out of the states similar hours different layout his has the bed and table fridge up higher with the bunk under helm and bathroom
Ya no surprise, prices here are still insanely high. I remember everyone thinking this year we would see a lot of boats on the market for less but in fact I’ve seen practicality nothing that’s been close to reasonably priced. There is lots on the market but I don’t see many boats selling at all right now.

Nice.

Yes, Is anyone making offers these days, or are the buyers thinking that list price is the only price?

Nice.

Yes, Is anyone making offers these days, or are the buyers thinking that list price is the only price?
I have been boat shopping most of the winter. The prices have kept my motivation low from taking the next step for example I haven't traveled to see a boat yet. I have emailed on a few. Usually I feel the price is to high, but I save the ad and 9 out of 10 times it sells maybe in a few days or a month but they seem to sell. The final price I have no idea if seller are taking less.

Devil is always in the details, and like my buddy and I have been talking about today, there is nothing out there to replace it with if we sell our boats cheap. There is a Sailfish 282 for sale in CA for double price he is asking here in Victoria. Only three boats worth even considering with price drops listed on US craigslist and only one dream boat ;) for @Sttr https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/d/tacoma-1989-bayliner-avanti-4285/7592313517.html

Others not worth it but fine to look at.

Devil is always in the details, and like my buddy and I have been talking about today, there is nothing out there to replace it with if we sell our boats cheap. There is a Sailfish 282 for sale in CA for double price he is asking here in Victoria. Only three boats worth even considering with price drops listed on US craigslist and only one dream boat ;) for @Sttr https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/d/tacoma-1989-bayliner-avanti-4285/7592313517.html

Others not worth it but fine to look at.

That Bayliner 2858 is a nice find.

The 2858 would be good if it is indeed flawless. Would want a pretty nice kicker/ steering set up something that allows you to steer from anywhere on the boat, rear hydraulic helm linked with an intelli steer or similar would be ideal. You definitely want to have control of the kicker from the bridge rear deck or from inside the cabin. You probably want fresh electronics. Would probably need power in 400 to 600 hrs. If mint condition may be worth running and then doing new power when needed. These boats would definitely be sweeet all set up with good power. I’m starting to like these as these are reasonably priced

I’d be curious to see how they ride in rough water, wonder if they rattle to pieces or ride solid .

My only real knock on the 2858 ( as long as it is powered with the 7.4 😁) is that it doesn’t have a forward-facing co-captain seat. When there’s a bit of chop and lots of crap in the water that second set of eyes is invaluable. One of those convertible seat backs that swings back and forth between the dinette and forward facing positions would be a necessary upgrade before my co-captain gave it the nod.

My only real knock on the 2858 ( as long as it is powered with the 7.4 😁) is that it doesn’t have a forward-facing co-captain seat. When there’s a bit of chop and lots of crap in the water that second set of eyes is invaluable. One of those convertible seat backs that swings back and forth between the dinette and forward facing positions would be a necessary upgrade before my co-captain gave it the nod.
You do up top though.

Back