My first boat — 1983 Commander 26

Any more progress on this boat? Commander threads are my favorite 😍.
She's been under the tarp since my October posts, so no change since then. Since I can only work on it outside, I'll likely wait until April or May to get back to the coast and get at it. Still have to sort out the lack of raw water flow on the starboard engine. And I still have to look at the drive lift/trim. I just had a quick look at it before leaving for the winter. Then let's see: Tidy up the wiring, check/clean the fuel tank and lines, various smaller stuff, and buy quite a list of necessary minor boating equipment. And put it in the water and see how much fun I can have on it! If I work at more steadily than I did last year, I should have most of summer to find out.

Thanks for your interest, it's motivational!

She's been under the tarp since my October posts, so no change since then. Since I can only work on it outside, I'll likely wait until April or May to get back to the coast and get at it. Still have to sort out the lack of raw water flow on the starboard engine. And I still have to look at the drive lift/trim. I just had a quick look at it before leaving for the winter. Then let's see: Tidy up the wiring, check/clean the fuel tank and lines, various smaller stuff, and buy quite a list of necessary minor boating equipment. And put it in the water and see how much fun I can have on it! If I work at more steadily than I did last year, I should have most of summer to find out.

Thanks for your interest, it's motivational!
Cool sounds like rewarding work! Good luck keep us updated!

Back