Family & Coastal Fishing 16ft Boat Reccos

I have bought 2 Arimas in US. No big deal. Your list is good. The certificates of title ensure no liens on either trailer or boat. The trailer has to have legible decal with VIN. Check RIV for details of trailer import. https://www.riv.ca/BeforeYouImport.aspx
As you noted you need ICBC binder of insurance before you go with trailer details. The trailer also must be licenced either owner has a current plate on it or you can get temporary licence https://apps.oria.wa.gov/permithandbook/permitdetail/186
You would need to use the Pacific truck crossing border station. Border will collect Taxes on boat.
Thanks for this info. So no need for the bill of sale to be notarized? If so that makes things much simpler.

No I have bought several vehicles and a few boats in US. Never been asked for notarized bill of sale. I do carry receipts of money transfers but haven’t been asked for those either.

No I have bought several vehicles and a few boats in US. Never been asked for notarized bill of sale. I do carry receipts of money transfers but haven’t been asked for those either.
This is great to know, can I ask how you managed the money? Do we take cash across the border? Or did you use a money transfer service? If so how do you manage sending the money and not having the boat in hand? Many thanks!

Thanks for all your advice! We got our 1511 Arima Sea Ranger this week and the girls are beyond excited! It bought it off the second owner who had used it twice before reselling and have found the original owners documents in the boat - they cover every trip and upgrade, he was meticulous! The border was totally fine, we are just about to get it licensed here.

IMG_9542.jpg

Thanks for all your advice! We got our 1511 Arima Sea Ranger this week and the girls are beyond excited! It bought it off the second owner who had used it twice before reselling and have found the original owners documents in the boat - they cover every trip and upgrade, he was meticulous! The border was totally fine, we are just about to get it licensed here.

View attachment 92524
Need to get a male dog to balance out the boat. Lol. Congrats on the boat! You’ll all love it

Back