Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

What a nasty day out there rain and wind. tides were raging so we only had about a 1 hour window where we were but managed one hali on herring.

Concur with that ! ugly out there.
The Newf kept a smile on our faces though.
we tried the flats for a while this afternoon
released one, pretty slow overall.

ugly day for sure but still fun. scott. tried to help us with the anchoring procedures but just too fast current. a real gentleman who hopefully will be kind enough to help us again. thanks again scott talk again soon

Started the morning off with salmon on the bank there was a decent bite we had 5 nice fish to the boat 10-13lbs got sealed once and lost the others not a great landing percentage but my guys were still happy playing them, then we put the pick down and loaded the boat 5 haly two in the high 30's and the rest 50-55lbs so ended up the day great. Could it get any wetter out there, a buddy phoned and asked how my day was i said eat a sandwich under your shower turned on cold.lol The haly were salmon bellies for me today.

Started the morning off with salmon on the bank there was a decent bite we had 5 nice fish to the boat 10-13lbs got sealed once and lost the others not a great landing percentage but my guys were still happy playing them, then we put the pick down and loaded the boat 5 haly two in the high 30's and the rest 50-55lbs so ended up the day great. Could it get any wetter out there, a buddy phoned and asked how my day was i said eat a sandwich under your shower turned on cold.lol The haly were salmon bellies for me today.

Other than the weather, sounds like a great day.
well done !

Salmon fishing was HOT today (thanks for the tip trev) about 930 all hell broke loose got a limit of 6 in no time and lost amny more 2 to the damn seal out there. found baitrex tiny strip was the hot combo.

Wolf

Was out today salmon on the bank was good fish to 15lb most were 7 to 11 but also lost fish to sea loin and a seal, the sea loin came from under the boat just as I was going to net crap . Then drop the anchor for a short window had two hallys in 5min. Then two more hallys in one hour ,28, two ,mid 30 one,mid 40 also let go one dog,one scate .All in all a great day for first hally trip .Also a bigger hally almost rip the rod out the rod holder on rigger,but did have a safety line thanks wolfy it really helped the hally broke the 60 lb leader must have a nick on line .

Finally a nice warm calm day! The fishing was good as well got a short window in the morn for haly and did well, there was a few more doggies around than before .Then we switched to salmon at the bank and it was decent had the best screamer of the year so far ,thought it was a seal till it finished it's first run but then turned into a beauty 17lb mature hatch job. The salmon were full of needle fish, and were caught on pink and purple haze squirts .

Oak bay producing some nice fish over the last week, biggest today was mid twenties
several teens. :D

Oakbaysprings002-1.jpg

Oak bay producing some nice fish over the last week, biggest today was mid twenties
several teens. :D

Oakbaysprings002-1.jpg

Nice work Scott. That looks like the one that busted me off last week. Can I have my spoon back? ;);)

Out for a quick fish with Luna today for first trip on the new boat, fished powder wharf and got a 7 lb hatch fished for 3.5 hrs tide was ripping and got it on batrix strip at 112 ft

Last edited by a moderator:
Back