Scotty Black Rod Holders....

Seafever

Do you notice that when using the normal black Scotty rod holders on hot summer days that the plastic will soften up some what and will actually twist on the spindle under load?

Any better rod holders that don't do this around?

had several of the plastic ones break now -- the stainless/plastic ones are much better and the orcas are alright kind of bulky though

I've seen 3 of the original black rod holders break now and in different spots. This summer an MR3 went overboard because of this.... Thank god the clip was set really tight :)

I noticed the same thing. Tried Orcas but didn't like the look of my Islander/Sage heading down to 66ft. Thank god for the clip. It just popped out mid troll... The strikers are a bit more pricey but the way to go IMO

Those ones on the new high speed downriggers break all the time. Scary

Right where it attaches to the arm I know one guy that broke 3 this year and at least 4 others to guides here. I don't have the new ones yet and plan using my rocket launchers when i get them for next year

I must be missing something-are you guys talking about the old model electric downriggers with the black rod holders on the arms??

I must be missing something-are you guys talking about the old model electric downriggers with the black rod holders on the arms??

I have the Powerlock rod holders and have been using them for 20 years and have never had a problem.

No we were talking about the new HP ones.
They are called "rocket launchers" and have the chrome outside.

and thanks fishtofino for your response.
GLG

Back