Replacing Scotty rod holders

ryan2041

Hi everyone. Has anybody replaced the stock rod holders on their Scotty downriggers with powerlocks, or is it even possible? I think about it every time I reach out over the gunnel to pull a rod out and how much easier it would be to lift it up and towards me, but I haven’t seen anybody who’s done it.

Hi everyone. Has anybody replaced the stock rod holders on their Scotty downriggers with powerlocks, or is it even possible? I think about it every time I reach out over the gunnel to pull a rod out and how much easier it would be to lift it up and towards me, but I haven’t seen anybody who’s done it.
Rip them off and get a rod holder base. Way better.

I gave up running rod holders off my riggers a few years ago, instead mounting holders at back of the boat. Main advantage is running straight back there are less weeds to deal with plus both rods are in same location making it easier to keep an eye on both at once.

just put on the standard dual tube rod bases on don't look back .... forget the SS fancy thing's they snap

Attachments

• IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 102
just put on the standard dual tube rod bases on don't look back .... forget the SS fancy thing's they snap
I love those. With a center console and riggers mounted where I sit, if I’m fishing by myself, I put them out to the side so I can see the rod tips, but when I have guests fishing with me, I put them in the rearward rod holder, and they keep an eye on them.

Back