Sand Lance Spoon

I'm not too familiar with Vancouver Harbour fishing, but anything that glows is going to do well dragged through the mud. Moonjelly and other reflective tapes with lots of flash work well too. Blues and greens are what I prefer.

Here is a video I made with my cell phone the other day for how I like to do them for winter chinook fishing.

[UhlU4m-Expw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhlU4m-Expw

I made a couple of inquiries on the website with no replies so I'll try here

Where can one obtain these fine units ?

Hey Andy I was waiting on the blow dryer tip.;) eman

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. A critical step to make them last!! I'll have to add a message at the end.

Houstonglassic - I'll check in tomorrow. I thought we have stock of those, if not, it will be within a week.

Tide up - Fire me a PM and let me know where you inquired....so that I can make sure that our online store guy replies! We do sell them straight through the online store.

Johnfw - I'm not too familiar with tackle shops up there, but more stores stock a bit of reflective tape.

With any luck, I'll have the properly die-cut stickers within a couple of weeks.

I bought mine at the Yates St store. Lots there to look at... They are like frickin' jewellery!

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Right, the dryer trick is to heat up the lure after sticking on and sort of reflective tape so that it makes a long lasting bond. Heat it up and then just give them some pressure with your fingers. Simple, but it makes a big difference.

Nice. that is simple and I bet it works like a hot damn. No pun intended.

Used one of these yesterday for the first time! They work! Out fished other rods big time! I just ordered more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santa dropped 6 of these inmy stocking. SWEET! Came with a wide selection of stickers (though no glow, which I would like). Soon after, we headed up to Malcolm, and I brought two spoons (a brass and a stainless), both dressed in uv tape.

I haven't ever had any luck for winter fish up there, but never tried very hard either. Anyhoo, first time out I dropped a spoon on one side and an anchovie on the other, behind matching flashers. The spoon popped in minutes, turning up a small hali. Never have I seen a spoon taken this deeply. Only the eye was outside of the fish's mouth. The spoon was trashed, but any spoon would have been.

Day two, I ran the trashed spoon on one side, and the fresh stainless spoon on the other. Stainless popped with a 20# hali, followed by an undersised spring and a rockfish.

Seems like it's a deadly spoon. Not even sure if there are needle fish up there, but the fish seemed to go for it. No good salmon, but I don't blame the spoon for that.

I will put it through it's paces locally in April and May.

Has anyone else had any problems contacting the web site to place an order? I have sent several emails and left 3 voice mail phone messages with no return response. Are these spoons only sold in stores?

Has anyone else had any problems contacting the web site to place an order? I have sent several emails and left 3 voice mail phone messages with no return response. Are these spoons only sold in stores?

Hey Haggardscove, our online store guy is usually pretty prompt with getting back to people...especially if you emailed several times. I apologize on behalf for a slow response. Feel free to email info@sitka.ca or fire me any questions personally to paine@sitka.ca. I hope that helps.

Saltydawg, they are sold through the Sitka store at 570 Yates Street in Victoria and in Vancouver at 1864 West 4th. Expect to be seeing them in tackle shops this spring.

Here's the link to the spot on the online store. http://shop.sitka.ca/sand-lance-spoon/

Definitely go into the store. I have spent a good chunk of time just browsing the cool stuff there. Besides that, I found the staff to be some of the most friendly, helpful, and interesting folks I have ever met in retail. Way to go Andrew!

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Back