Thinking of upgrading the boat....

redman210

So want to put a feeler out there. Juts got back from Seattle boat show.. and fell in love with the new Kingfisher GFX3425. And most likely going to pull the pin... BUT... really hard to figure out what my current boat will be worth. It is a 2020 Hewescraft Alaskan with twin 200 Yamaha an 25 HO kicker. Low hours as we live in Calgary... used for 5 trips or so a year. Fully decked out with 3 Garmin 9" screens, Radar, and Autopilot. Great stereo, VHF, and even iTroll.
Think I could pull close to 300 for it? Sure seems like based on new prices... but not sure there is a market for something like this used? Would love a little feedback if possible. Not quite ready to advertise yet as I am waiting for delivery time on the new one...
There just does not seem to much in the way of gently used larger aluminum boats out there. I do think that the luxury tax would NOT have to be paid on my used one... If I am correct. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

So want to put a feeler out there. Juts got back from Seattle boat show.. and fell in love with the new Kingfisher GFX3425. And most likely going to pull the pin... BUT... really hard to figure out what my current boat will be worth. It is a 2020 Hewescraft Alaskan with twin 200 Yamaha an 25 HO kicker. Low hours as we live in Calgary... used for 5 trips or so a year. Fully decked out with 3 Garmin 9" screens, Radar, and Autopilot. Great stereo, VHF, and even iTroll.
Think I could pull close to 300 for it? Sure seems like based on new prices... but not sure there is a market for something like this used? Would love a little feedback if possible. Not quite ready to advertise yet as I am waiting for delivery time on the new one...
There just does not seem to much in the way of gently used larger aluminum boats out there. I do think that the luxury tax would NOT have to be paid on my used one... If I am correct. Thanks in advance for any input on this.
What size?

Almost home... sorry about that .... it is an Alaskan 270. Been amazing for Tuna and long days on the water.
I saw the 250 and really liked it. I saw the new 290 and liked it even more. Does the 270 have a full head? How does it compare to the most current model? I actually thought the Hewes was a much nicer looking boat than the Kingfisher.

I saw the 250 and really liked it. I saw the new 290 and liked it even more. Does the 270 have a full head? How does it compare to the most current model? I actually thought the Hewes was a much nicer looking boat than the Kingfisher.
It has only a electric flush toilet... in a separate room. There is a freshwater sink in the kitchen area beside the stove. Keep in mind that this is the Alaskan 270... not the Pacific Explorer. Different models slightly. Had it out in some pretty rough stuff hunting Tuna with no worries at all. Also can hit about 42 miles an hour when needed. Cruises slick at 32-35. Great on fuel. Should I be able to fetch about 300.... that is the big question. Just none for sale anywhere....

It has only a electric flush toilet... in a separate room. There is a freshwater sink in the kitchen area beside the stove. Keep in mind that this is the Alaskan 270... not the Pacific Explorer. Different models slightly. Had it out in some pretty rough stuff hunting Tuna with no worries at all. Also can hit about 42 miles an hour when needed. Cruises slick at 32-35. Great on fuel. Should I be able to fetch about 300.... that is the big question. Just none for sale anywhere....
I don't see why not. The 250 was listed at $319 with no head and twin 150s. And like you said, lightly used, newish aluminums in that size are rare.

Pretty limited market of people buying a 300k boat.. especially the way interest rates are

Pretty limited market of people buying a 300k boat.. especially the way interest rates are
Other than many buyers for $300-$500K boats pay cash. They're not always financing in that range. Also, the market is global. Your boat sounds like it's tricked out well. At that price point put it on Yacht World and Boat Trader/Bloody Decks/THT. I've been looking now 2 years for a few specific glass boats in the $150-200 USD K range. Mostly in the US market because that's where the best selection is. Good ones go fast. I was surprised.

I have a 2021 25 Alaskan and based on what mine cost to build 300K is not out of the ball park depending on how it is outfitted.

Last edited:
Sounds promising..... I think I will dig up some good photos of the layout and post it around and see what happens....
Would be best if I knew the time line on the new one.. but should find out soon. Thanks All!

I bought a 2021 25 Alaskan in Jan 2022 and it was over $270,000 by the time I was done outfitting it with similar equipment. Should have got a 27 but it was all I could find at the time.

Alrighty then…. Let’s drop the final price on this beast to 260.
I feel like it’s a smokin deal for a low hours boat that needs nothing and ready to fishing. Rigged for everything you need. And can fish tommorow.
So….. who’s got 260K laying around for a great boat!!!
If it’s not sold in the next month or so then we will simply use it for another season… nothing wrong with it at all and the new boat will take over a month to rig up and get ready.
PM for details!!!

Alrighty then…. Let’s drop the final price on this beast to 260.
I feel like it’s a smokin deal for a low hours boat that needs nothing and ready to fishing. Rigged for everything you need. And can fish tommorow.
So….. who’s got 260K laying around for a great boat!!!
If it’s not sold in the next month or so then we will simply use it for another season… nothing wrong with it at all and the new boat will take over a month to rig up and get ready.
PM for details!!!
USD?

Back