Sand Lance Spoon

Lookin forward to tryin these bad boys out. Where I fish the balls of needles and sand lance are nuts. Every salmon,ling and Hali is puking them up when we catch them. Should work great. Just got my order of 10 in the mail. Looks good. Unfortunately I won't get to try them until May!

Will update and do a survey then!

Cheers,

Wooly

Lookin forward to tryin these bad boys out. Where I fish the balls of needles and sand lance are nuts. Every salmon,ling and Hali is puking them up when we catch them. Should work great. Just got my order of 10 in the mail. Looks good. Unfortunately I won't get to try them until May!

Will update and do a survey then!

Cheers,

Wooly

Glad they arrived safe Wooly. Run them fast(3.5kn) with short leaders(42")! Tight lines.

Andrew
Great spoons but one complaint re ordering, shipping costs (+handling) seem pretty high given their size. Any chance to get this down. I have to admit, I didnt order due to this and will buy some in Victoria at your store the next time I'm through.
I do have a few (order through the mail when you first brought them out) and they did work for me, not all the time but enough to say they're on my 'go to list'.

Gonna try your spoon tomorrow.
Parking is kinda of a drag at the DT Sitka store:(

Any thoughts on how to add scent to your spoons? I usually dab fish oil on my spoon swivels hoping some will stick.

Gonna try your spoon tomorrow.
Parking is kinda of a drag at the DT Sitka store:(

Any thoughts on how to add scent to your spoons? I usually dab fish oil on my spoon swivels hoping some will stick.

The parking can be a major bummer downtown. The parking attendants are way too efficient. They just started doing first hour free in the parkade across the street and basement, which is for short term, usually has space.

As for scent, the goopy stuff should stick. I don't scent mine so I don't have any advice on that.

Good luck out there! Try a 42" leader and put it on bottom. 3-3.5kn

Dont go to sitka today!
They are closed to count stock.fak, i really wanna try one of them moonjelly/glow flashers.

Caught fish all right. Hooked two and lost both to one big bugger of a seal we couldn't shake.
At least we didn't lose any gear. :(

Attachments

• 20150211_091204.jpg
    20150211_091204.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 730
We caught 5 winter springs in 76 mins, one was a double header. We used Anchovy and sitka . Four fish on sitka and one fish on anchovy. We kept two springs about 10 lbs. Thank you Andrew.P who made the magic lure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone who have me such great feedback in the survey. Much appreciated.

I now have a vinyl cutter making it much easier to do decals in a bit more volume with ease. Here is a sample of some from the first week of having the new toy.
e8647d4a956537a3bf0ad4f52710db53.jpg

Hey Andrew.....did the 4th store move yet? Keep meaning to pop in for some spoons and last time I was in someone mentioned it moving?

Hey pippen, the new address is 2127 West 4th....just a few doors up from your buddies at Lulu! lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was out for a run a couple of weeks back early in the morning and as I neared Point Grey Road still on Cornwall Chip was walking towards me; he stepped off the sidewalk into the bike lane and I promptly informed that he was in fact in a designated bike lane. Funny enough.....we both chuckled!! ;)

I can't completely hate the guy as I live on Kits Point and Lulu's HQ is up the street, the cute girls of Lulu tend to do a lot of walking around my neighborhood throughout the day. :p

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was out for a run a couple of weeks back early in the morning and as I neared Point Grey Road still on Cornwall Chip was walking towards me; he stepped off the sidewalk into the bike lane and I promptly informed that he was in fact in a designated bike lane. Funny enough.....we both chuckled!! ;)

I can't completely hate the guy as I live on Kits Point and Lulu's HQ is up the street, the cute girls of Lulu tend to do a lot of walking around my neighborhood throughout the day. :p
Chip may have crossed the line with his comments about some women SHOULDN'T wear Lulu Lemon yoga pants, but yah can't fault a guy for being right................

Stainless with green and glow stripes was workin over the dummy flasher at Constance bank today

Sitka Crowdfunding Campaign....

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to fill you all in on a little project that I have been working on; a crowdfunding campaign. There is a lot that has nothing to do with fishing....but I've worked it in a bit. I've put together some new sandlance combos for it as one of the rewards so I figured I would let you all know. I plan to add a few new special edition ones throughout the 45 day campaign along with some hot new products that I have been working on with Peetz. All prices include tax and free shipping in Canada and the USA or pick up in either Sitka stores in Victoria (570 yates st) or Vancouver (2127 W 4th)

Also, Roy from Blue Wolf Charter's is getting involved too and will be doing a charter or two for the cause. You will note that the price tag is far beyond his normal rate with the proceeds going to conservation. Thanks Roy!

Here is a bit of info about it, but best thing to do is to follow the link at the bottom or watch the video.

www.sitka.ca/crowdfund

sitka-sandlances.jpg
This 8 pack includes full length decals, ready to fish in the following combos:
Green/Glow
Chartreuse/Glow
Blue/Glow
Aqua/Glow
Red/Glow
Glow/Glow
Moonjelly/Glow
Moonjelly/Moonjelly (with a strip of glow on the back) (Blue Wolf style!).

[video=vimeo;125511878]https://vimeo.com/125511878

Rene and I started the company while in University together over 13 years ago and although lot has changed over that time, the core business principles of respecting society and the environment have remained the same.

Over the last decade we have pushed ourselves to find a more sustainable way of operating and it hasn’t always been easy. These choices are not usually the least expensive and Sitka has not been immune to global economic climates. By sticking to our principles, our loyal community has supported us on the path to creating and shaping the business to what it is today.

Sitka has always been involved in a number of wilderness conservation initiatives and wilderness activism is a core value of Sitka so when we saw an opportunity to integrate this value into our existing business model, it was an easy decision.

At the start of 2014 we held a 3 day company retreat to solidify the purpose that Sitka serves...Why does Sitka exist? We declared our Vision to be a World in Balance. What does this mean? Well, we recognize that consumerism is at odds with the environment and we feel that it is necessary that we do our part to change this.

We aren’t perfect and knew that this was going to mean some challenging looks in the mirror and even more hard work to bring Sitka in line with this vision for the future.

For example:

- Moving production back to North America: we are 60% of the way there and will be at 100% by 2016
- a more enhanced focus on sustainable and long lasting products
- And...now launching a dedicated conservation arm to the company, The Sitka Society for Conservation; Effectively cementing our commitment to the environment into the company’s structure.

We are launching an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to offer our way of doing business: building purposeful outdoor products that last and supporting conservation efforts - to a wider audience. The larger we’re able to expand our community of Sitka supporters, the greater the impact we’ll have in the realm of conservation. We hope that this campaign with do this for us and also generate some much needed capital.

It would be very awesome if you are able to share the link within your own network and of course contributions are great also. Any feedback would also be very helpful.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Andrew, added to my collection by ordering some more today ☺. is your shipping in Canada by mail? Just asking as my street address is different than mailing address which is a box number. Thought I would ask here as others may have the same question.

Back