Sand Lance Spoon

So people give me different spoons to try from time to time,a lot being needle fish type.Most times I'll tow them around for a bit and retire them quickly.
But I got to say this spoon is a killer! Today was a prime example,fished for a few hours and the AndrewP got 5 while the other side had zero.
Now that the summer run fish are gone and the fat feeders are in,this means its spoon season,and this is the spoon to tow!

Ps,my deck is filthy from crab pots...pay no attention! HaHa

photo(46).jpg

Hi Crabby! Nice spring, looks like a butter ball... eaten is good out there.. Hard to tell from your pic the color of that spoon?? What is that color and did you try other colours?? I don't currently have any P spoons but think have room in tackle box for few more.. Do they bend out of shape easy or are tough to bend??

Thanks and good job!!

Hi Crabby! Nice spring, looks like a butter ball... eaten is good out there.. Hard to tell from your pic the color of that spoon?? What is that color and did you try other colours?? I don't currently have any P spoons but think have room in tackle box for few more.. Do they bend out of shape easy or are tough to bend??

Thanks and good job!!

PB,

They are much thicker than a Coho Killer, and I haven't had one bend.

Caught a good spring on one in August, but haven't really given it an honest chance. The one we fished was straight stainless, no color and no tape.

I am excited to drag some of these spoons around in the sand at Constance this winter.

Thanks and good job!!

I only have one,its silver with some green on the edge.Seem to be made very well,doesn't bend like a Coho killer.

Sure wish I could get some more spoons to try and post reports on....hint,hint:p

Any way to make this purchase with paypal without registering with sitka on the website?. The website seems to insist on it. I couldn't get my spoons.

Hey Birdnest, you'll have to hold tight on that....we are making a change to the website right now so that it is possible. It should be complete by end of week and then a customer does not have to register.

So my report for the year of using these spoon I think were EXCELLENT I tried 5 different ones my Favorite was one he designed ( he may have named it im not sure) for me that got the biggest spring of the year at 27 lbs and countless others in the 20s and teens my 2nd Fav was the "lemon lime" those were the ones I fished the most the others all got fish as well .... .. I have 2 of them now im using for Coho and they are slamming them..
I will definatlly be using them as long as there are around Dont get me wrong like the others as well but after a fish few they break ...

This spoon is excellent to holding up to abuse...
Many Thanks Andrew....

Wolf

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I appreciate all of it. From most accounts it doesn't seem to look like the metal gauge needs adjusting, which is great.

I am just in the works of completing packaging and artwork. I've had lots of feedback to have the spoons received ready to fish so am working on the artwork right now (die cut as apposed to hand cut). Below are some of the colour patterns that I have been playing with.

As Roy pointed out, 'The Blue Wolf'(a couple variations in pic) has been performing very well for all that have tried along with 'Lemon-Lime with a Twist'(second from bottom in pic) and 'Goldie'(top in pic but hard to see).

Here are some pics of some patterns that have done well. I've been doing most with glow on the opposite side. Some of you now have these in your tackle boxes from the SFBC derby!

Thanks!

IMG_3769.jpg

I have a couple of your plane silver spoons. The spoon descriptions on your website does not seem to match the colors on your form pic. How does one acquire those ???

Thanks

#1 favorite

So my report for the year of using these spoon I think were EXCELLENT I tried 5 different ones my Favorite was one he designed ( he may have named it im not sure) for me that got the biggest spring of the year at 27 lbs and countless others in the 20s and teens my 2nd Fav was the "lemon lime" those were the ones I fished the most the others all got fish as well .... .. I have 2 of them now im using for Coho and they are slamming them..
I will definatlly be using them as long as there are around Dont get me wrong like the others as well but after a fish few they break ...

This spoon is excellent to holding up to abuse...
Many Thanks Andrew....

Wolf
Roy,
in Andrew's picture below which one caught your biggest Spring this year?

Hey Birdnest, you'll have to hold tight on that....we are making a change to the website right now so that it is possible. It should be complete by end of week and then a customer does not have to register.

Thats great! Thanks for the reply. I figure all my info will be with the paypal transaction. Anyways...

I am very interested in getting about 4 of these spoons but not sure which ones by looking at the website. Its a bit hard to match the description with the photos but I can say this, I love the looks of some of the ones in the last photo you posted above but I still am very, VERY interested in a watermelon pattern with a glow back or anything even close. Maybe if the photos on the website were on a black back ground they would show the detail better. Sorry to be a nit pick.

If i could choose from the photo above I would like 1 each of 2,3,6 and 7 numbered from left to right but I wonder what the back looks like. I would love some of the none glow fronts to have a painted glow back.

2cents

There isnt a pictue of it he made it for me to try, maybe hes going to make them into production im not too sure... that lemon lime was great as well

X2 on the lemon lime..fooled some springs for me.i imagine these spoons will do quite well in the sand this winter:)

I am very interested in getting about 4 of these spoons but not sure which ones by looking at the website.

great question and good to clarify. Currently the only ones that are online are just polished stainless steel and brass, and then we provide stickers to DIY up some colour. This is what we have had to roll with for now......but in the very near future we'll be dropping most of the colour combos in the picture.

The one what wolf has been slaying with is a variation of some of the ones shown in the pics, with lots of moonjelly and glow. This will definitely be coming out!

I'll do the best I can to fully illustrate the lures on the online store so that it is clear what they look like. Sometimes it is a challenge to get a nice shot of the colours, but it is a priority.

Thanks,

Ap

Back