Sand Lance Spoon

Here are some colour combos that I have been playing with for some summer shallow fishing. I am really happy with the new tape colours (more than shown) that I've now got and figuring out some patterns to get die cut to be able to offer.

I've also realized that it is best to stick to putting the tape on the right hand side when looking at the convex side of the lure and the same face on the bottom; no creases and goes on easy.

Feel free to toss out any suggestions.

IMG_3534.jpg

Great looking spoons Buddy ! I want a few ...... But .....

Can you not get them with in a few choices, uv glo etc, polished chrome, painted sides, multi colors, etc 50/50 ........ instead of tape ....... over time what happens with the tape?

Good luck to you where can I get mine ?

Great looking spoons Buddy ! I want a few ...... But .....

Can you not get them with in a few choices, uv glo etc, polished chrome, painted sides, multi colors, etc 50/50 ........ instead of tape ....... over time what happens with the tape?

Good luck to you where can I get mine ?

Thanks high tide, all of those options are coming. For now, they come in either polished stainless steel, brass and copper and work with nothing at all on them. I'm working on paint, but am not a fan of chipping paint, so it will take some time to perfect. I do like the tape for its durability just as long as it is stuck on flat and hit with some heat to increase the bond strength. We are selling them at Sitka in Victoria (570 yates) and Vancouver (1864 W 4th) and online like Seadna pointed out. I've been giving people choice of strips that they can choose to or not use...glow, uv moon jelly, prism colours, etc.

cheers.

I just wanted to throw out a big thanks to everyone who has texted, emailed, pm'ed all of the questions, reports and feedback. It really helps me in the development of where this product can go in the future. Please keep them coming: paine@sitka.ca

I was away for an extended last weekend doing a remote beach clean-up mission(3300 pounds of trash removed!) at Raft Cove, near Winter Harbour and returned to this little bit of feedback from a tofino surfing legend and all around skilled waterman....they seem to work great up there! I couldn't resist sharing this one...

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 4.16.55 PM.jpg

I just wanted to throw out a big thanks to everyone who has texted, emailed, pm'ed all of the questions, reports and feedback. It really helps me in the development of where this product can go in the future. Please keep them coming: paine@sitka.ca

I was away for an extended last weekend doing a remote beach clean-up mission(3300 pounds of trash removed!) at Raft Cove, near Winter Harbour and returned to this little bit of feedback from a tofino surfing legend and all around skilled waterman....they seem to work great up there! I couldn't resist sharing this one...

View attachment 13078

Was that Raph? I know he loves his coho killers.

Hey Guys,

If anyone is interested in learning more about the Sandlance Spoon, I am hosting an open house in Victoria tonight from 730-10pm at Sitka (570 Yates Street). I'll be giving a brief run down of some of the products that I've been working on with Peetz, Tomic and Mustang and talking about how the Sandlance came to be. Then I hope to just have some good conversation and would love to hear any feedback of how it is standing up, successes, failures, etc. Following that we'll just be decorating up spoons. I have a ton of tape to share and am happy to show anyone how I have found it best to apply it to the spoons.

The cafe at the shop is licensed and the beer is cold.

Hope to see some of you there.

Ap

Last edited by a moderator:
I fished 6 days in port Renfrew and used the spoon constantly on one side. Fishing was slow but we caught 3 of our 8 Springs on the spoon. One very important caution that I emailed Andrew about Sunday is that the split rings are not strong enough. A thrashing Coho at the side of the boat that we were trying to release opened the split ring on the hook side and a medium sea bass that was twirling on the top as we reeled it in quickly opened the ring on the line side. The spoon works but I have changed all the rings out as to not loose a real nice Spring. Andrew needs to address the issue.

I fished 6 days in port Renfrew and used the spoon constantly on one side. Fishing was slow but we caught 3 of our 8 Springs on the spoon. One very important caution that I emailed Andrew about Sunday is that the split rings are not strong enough. A thrashing Coho at the side of the boat that we were trying to release opened the split ring on the hook side and a medium sea bass that was twirling on the top as we reeled it in quickly opened the ring on the line side. The spoon works but I have changed all the rings out as to not loose a real nice Spring. Andrew needs to address the issue.

Hey Civano,

Thanks for passing on the feedback. You are actually the first person that I have heard of that's opened a split ring. That is not to say that it hasn't happened, but it just hasn't been reported back to me. So thanks for passing it along.

What did you replace with? The ones that I have on are supposedly 4X stronger than the standard. I will find out the rating that they have.

Thanks! (sent PM also)

Dont you need to catch fish on them to find out Craven? I diden't think you had been into a fish since before these spoons were on the market. LOL :p

-KK

I've had no issues, the split rings are heavier than most....
unless the hook was not wound on properly ?

Hey Andrew what do you think about using a swivel to connect the hook? I heard that this lure on bigger fish can almost bend/tear the hook off. Any thoughts on using a swivel on the hook end?

Back