Renfrew 2010 Reports

I watched it over and it looks like your right, a neat little illusion.

Calmsea- Maybe he is new to fishing, it can be hard to learn in rough seas. People make mistakes, wouldent call them a fool. but maybe point out the mistake and see what kind of response you get?

-Steve

Rod pointer...not me, so no offence taken. :)

But I think issue was the salmon went under the boat, and he was trying to keep it from rubbing under the hull.

However you're right generally not the best idea ... Though in heat of battle, mistakes get made.

Back to renfrew....can hardly wait to get out to the bank again! 2 weeks...

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/juandesooka

Just got back from Renfrew. Fishing the beach was so so. Lots of boats. First day you wouldn't have noticed though because it was the standard zero vis fog and swell. Those who got em did well while the other folks went empty handed so I heard at the docks. I got some nice springs into the mid to high twenties. Limited in hatchery Coho and limited on Halibut. Count the extra 5 dozen bottom fish taking everything we threw at the chinook and I'd say it was a very rounded weekend. Lots of fun!

Trev it was good seeing you up there. I'll give you a shout next time I'm up. By the way, no wonder I wasn't marking any fish up there on Sunday morning.... the swell jumping on the run to the bank knocked off my transducer. Fixed it up and , yhup, fish:D LOL

Anyways talk later

HL

Slooow today in the morning. No fog but short frequency swells and cross chop made it very uncomfortable. Saw one nice one caught at the rock pile, had a small one there myself and then nothing until 3 PM. Didn't see anybody else catch anything and creel confirmed only the bank produced fish today. Disappointed.

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Slooow today in the morning. No fog but short frequency swells and cross chop made it very uncomfortable. Saw one nice one caught at the rock pile, had a small one there myself and then nothing until 3 PM. Didn't see anybody else catch anything and creel confirmed only the bank produced fish today. Disappointed.

its suppose to be picking up for the long weekend! :(
im out thurs night-sunday or monday. see you all out there :D

img3937n.jpg

Two days in a row ( Saturday and Sunday ) had a bit of a snap if I may say so further west than Camper.( not at the bank although that was good too ) I saw alot of hard work to get them but I did see a good number of fish taken on the beach in the am. Not on fire but nothing to complain about.

yhup, thats what I was trying to say. I have seen it more consistent for everyone but for those that are dialed in it was better than descent in my opinion. The place doesn't seem to be infested with fish yet but there are descent schools moving through thats for sure.
I had a good time a brought back a bunch of nice fish.

Although record numbers are not present I can't say that Renfrew "DID" satisfy my craving for a good time.

JDS, whoever said that Sun had a good bite is telling lies. As simple as that. I was out there until 3 PM and chatted with many bypassers and back at the marina creel survey confirmed that indeed very few fish came in from the beaches. I am not sure why some people like to mislead people on this forum here. Why? Why not tell the truth?:(

Truth? I was there all weekend too. It was work for sure but fish were taken, just not by everyone I'll give you that. A few big fish ( 30+ ) were taken over the weekend most were 12-20 from what I saw though.

I was north of Camper a ways and saw a few moments where at least 8 boats at a time were netting fish. Thats a bit of a bite. Thats all I am saying.

Were you not listening to your radio? The minute I hear something interesting I run and gun. Usually pays off! It's a bit of a gamble at the best of times. Sometimes you can just miss out on the action only to hear that where you left turned on. Thats not too often though. I figure if birds waited for the fish to come they would starve to death. They all flock when one sounds the horn. I try to follow the school when it moves. Thats me, but what ever.

I'm wondering if one of the forum members could make this post a sticky one with the other sticky area reports?

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

Chris: just passing on what I was told. Chatting to my friend yesterday, I said "heard it has been slow on the Beach lately", but he responded that the last few days the salmon fishing has heated up. He did pretty good Sunday and then really good on Monday, and saw lots of nice size fish caught Monday. He caught 2 in the 30s and several more in high 20s.

This advice was given to me along the lines of "you better get up here soon, fishing's red hot". So take it for what it's worth! That might not mean all locations all gear all day, but the fish are there. Unfortunately for me, it also doesn't mean they will be there 2 weeks from now when I next get up there!

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you...but that's fishing.

HL: that's a good analogy about the seagulls. My normal rule is "stick and stay, make it pay", rather than darting around chasing other people's success. BUT, what you say makes sense, especially if in the middle of one of those fabled bite times, where everyone is catching fish at the same time, but at that spot only and usually only for a little while. Get in on that action, and a fishing day can get a lot shorter in a hurry. :D

"I had a good time a brought back a bunch of nice fish.

Although record numbers are not present I can't say that Renfrew "DID" satisfy my craving for a good time."
[/quote]

did and didn't was a typo

Yeah I have been patient as well and used the stick and stay make it pay thing but I have seen more and more people lately getting TKO'd with that rule. If it's a quick juaunt I letr rip. I get the $% over there and it's been working so far. If I am marking fish where I am I will not leave as something has to happen sometime. But if the screen is devoid of anything descent over a few hour period then there is nothing holding me back when I get a call.

ah what the hell, thats fishing:D

WOW! Good report Jackel. I have had empty traps day out there before, when the crabbing has been excellent, and wondered about that. I appreciate someone keeping an eye out and being willing to confront a scumbag like that. I hope the karma payment was adequate to set him straight, but sadly I doubt it. What this kind of thing really deserves is a hole in the boat! :(

[though more civilly, I wonder if you got the cops involved if anything would happen...that's theft, but would it be enforced?]

I'd like to buy the guys who confronted this yahoo a beer or two. When I was up there a few weeks ago, someone took my crabs and my trap! (And yes, it was a good heavy commercial trap with lots of leaded line.)
T2

Back