Renfrew 2010 Reports

We were fishing the Tyee hole Monday thru Wednesday and had great action with the feeders and silvers (90% nates) but nothing big at all. The biggest we got all three days was probably 12ish. Anyone pick up bigger fish down there?

Don't stop reelin!

Tons of fish at the CHicken Ranch on Swiftsure, and a few showing up on the 170 reef. Our biggest on the bank was 22ish. Lots of chicken halibut with quick limits, and plenty of COho. Large spoons were the ticket, if the coho are spitting hooks stick a flasher on, it does "Hold" the hook in the fish. The shoreline I did not fish personally but was a grind for most folks.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

x2 on the bank. Tons of nice hatch coho. Hali too. LC, how the heck are you getting your gear down quick enough for the springs? I had a hell of a time.

x2 on the big spoons. We were using 6inch Tomics 512G and 639 no problem catching feeders and larger coho (almost all nates though...)
with and without flashers not much difference o n #s

Don't stop reelin!

Fished from Camper to Walbran all over that area. There was tons of boats for the Davey Derby. Only see 4 fish caught. I had one small strike that was it for 7 hours of hard fishing. Crazy. I am sure the bank was great but the beach fishing is tough.

cby

Beach is dead. Fished east point and saw one fish caught, I heard Camper and the other side was quiet as well. Offshore or bust.

friday morning was a great beach bite until about 7am, then dead dead. lots on the sounder this morning but no first light bite, then i headed out. Great bank action though sat and sun for me. All i heard on the radio consistently from out there was "this is bull sh*t im going in".. obviously some fish brought in everyday but not in big numbers.

nice to put some faces to a few forum members too [8D]

had a great hali on this morning, then my rod broke TWICE into 3 pieces, so we held it together and while zap strapping it together the fish got off [V].. probably the highlight of my trip though haha, that was one funny 5 minutes.
note the rod tip, mid section, and butt end [:p]

img4101g.jpg

img3937n.jpg

Great fishing offshore! Halis in short order then limit of springs - most mid teens some smaller ones that went back, two tyees also for our group. Springs were deep for us today - hooked several halis too while trolling deep for the springs. Then crazy coho action little away from the chicken ranch. More wild cohos but we managed our limits with nice hatch cohos - several ones well over 10 lbs. Lots of fun! And a whale grand slam for us: grey, humpback, orcas, porpoises. Heard a 39.5 lbs won the Davey Derby.

Nice meeting you nedarb2!

GREAT offshore reports. I wish I had been out at Swiftsure rather than dragging gear in the Sooke derby all weekend... :(
Ah well, that's fishing.

I can hardly wait til next weekend, I'm spending 5-6 days up there, fishing, camping, adventuring with the family.

And a rumour of a sockeye salmon opening starting Tues ... that would be a most excellent thing...

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/juandesooka

Well finally ventured a bit further offshore and tagged this 46lb monster. Hooked it on a plug with no flasher which made the fight that much sweeter. Also of note it was a male but not ***ually mature meaining it probably had another year in the Ocean to go.
Picture048.jpg

Fished Walbran Sat, Mon and Tues. Sat only 1 bite 7 hours really slow, Mon slow but Managed a 28 and 18. Tuesday was great 1 hours 4 fish. Lost one big one and released another. Kept a double header 24 and 22 lbs. Not bad for 1 hour. I would not say its heating up. Everything is still on the bank but Logan and Walbran are your best bets. Unless you go to the bank.

cby

quote:Originally posted by Barbender

Well finally ventured a bit further offshore and tagged this 46lb monster. Hooked it on a plug with no flasher which made the fight that much sweeter. Also of note it was a male but not ***ually mature meaining it probably had another year in the Ocean to go.
Picture048.jpg
I'll bet THAT broke your bar. [:p]

the beach is on fire up here boys the last couple days and off shore is insane these tides are great this week floodfloodand more flood.

Any chance of an opening for Sockeye?[?]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Back