Renfrew 2010 Reports

quote:Originally posted by bananas

the beach is on fire up here boys the last couple days and off shore is insane these tides are great this week floodfloodand more flood.

What sort of numbers are we talking about on the beach. Kind of like last year yet?

Fished offshore today and did decent but nothing very big. On the way back fished the beach but it was very quiet, everyone we spoke too was skunked, same with the folks at the marina.

Fished Friday and got a 28 and 35 lber at Logan, only two strikes though and seemed slow. Some Sockeye being caught 1-1.5 miles off from beach off Campers to Logan.

I was out yesterday working the beach. Got one around 29-30 at Camper in 95 ft of water around noon. Before that nothing not even a sniff. Most of the boats around us were doing poorly as well. Heard a bit of a bite was on at Walbran but cannot confirm. Offshore has been decent for Sox in about 520 feet of water straight out from the port.

I'm heading over again this weekend and want to wet some spoons for a change (along with the chovies of course). Could anyone suggest what size spoon</u> to use? I have 6" ones but wonder if that is too big for the beach where I will be fishing? I also have lots in 4 and 5 inch.

"Match the hatch" is always a good idea, but maybe someone already has some experience with what size tends to work in Renny in August on the beach.

I'm also open to any other spoon choice advice for this area if you have any. ;)

Thanks

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Use a betsey flasher and 4" Mongoose Coyote spoon. That seems to work fairly well everywhere. And Ive got a few nice ones in renny on that set up. If that spoon isnt producing give a 4" Nasty boy Coyote a shot. Those are my 2 go to spoons.

Good Luck!!!

-Steve

Any reports?

We're planning on heading up for the weekend but are wondering if we might just be better off sticking with Sooke...

Any information would be most appreciated.

Gooey

In-shore at Renfrew has been consistent for us since the beginning of July. On early Sunday got one at Camper but left because of the weeds. Then another 3 at Walbran between 15-25lb.
The large choves are working the best if you can get them. Feed has been mid-large herring, very few needlefish in their guts so far this year.

Thanks Fly, I'll give it a try.

Thanks Fly, I'll give it a try.

Just came back today. We didn't get any large springs, but got halibut, ling cod and a couple of hatchery coho. That was yesterday. This morning we went out not too early, and fished sockeye. Between 6 of us fishing in two boats we landed 16 and lost a lot.

If sockeye is in your plans, go out to about 500 feet of water and trolled west. Our bast luck was in front of camper.

Just came back today. We didn't get any large springs, but got halibut, ling cod and a couple of hatchery coho. That was yesterday. This morning we went out not too early, and fished sockeye. Between 6 of us fishing in two boats we landed 16 and lost a lot.

If sockeye is in your plans, go out to about 500 feet of water and trolled west. Our bast luck was in front of camper.

Fishing is still good, some springs at Camper now, they are our local green back springs. Sockey is still mental with limits by daybreak, coho are noticably absent at the bank, and hali's have been getting a little tougher as the big ebb currents are really stacking water up at the bank. More good fishing will come as the tides moderate!

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

When DFO decides to close it. It's open "until further notice". Be sure to check the DFO website 'updates' before fishing.

Back