Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Python PowTran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intellisteer

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
To all you IntelliSteer owners: Have any of you installed the Type S model? This is the cable steering model. In the manual it states the push/pull max is 300 lbs. I am assuming that is not the actual weight of the motor. My main motor is 353 lbs and the 9.9 is just under 100 lbs. I tried emailing the manufacture but I am still waiting to hear back. I don't want to spend $1,000+ on something that doesn't work.

rupload_2019-1-22_15-37-53.png

I’m only familiar with the type r, but can say I’m happy with that unit. It’s just for stand alone kicker steering. I’d maybe be a little worried messing with my already existing helm. Sound like the type s is a replacement for your main existing helm

I’m only familiar with the type r, but can say I’m happy with that unit. It’s just for stand alone kicker steering. I’d maybe be a little worried messing with my already existing helm. Sound like the type s is a replacement for your main existing helm

With the Type S model you have to replace the steering column which adds the motor and transmitter looks pretty easy to do. I just want to know if the motor can handle the two motor pushing and pulling. I tried emailing the manufacture but I haven't received any response. I might just go with the python or panther. I talked with Ian at Galleon and he said the T4 Panther was a good model.

Why not check out the intelli steer type r. I’ve had panther and intelli steer, multiple panther systems all troubles

You may want to consider where you sit while you’re fishing.....are you at the helm? Wandering? Back on the gunnel or transom? If you’re always on the move, you may want a remote? If not, I would suggest keeping it simple with a tie bar for steering and controls at the helm for the throttle. Having the kicker tied to the main will also help your steering response in the wind. If your kicker has electric tilt, I would strongly suggest controls because you’ll reduce your trips to the stern.

I assume you have an outboard as a main? I'd go second steering column at the back and just tie your kicker to the main. I did it a couple of years ago and there is no better way to fish at the back of the boat. Mine stay connected at all times, it doesn't hinder the main at all.

Attachments

• tie.jpg
    tie.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 50
  • tie2.jpg
    tie2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 50
Back