It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

Just following up with this. Have to say the autopilot especially with the remote is a complete gamechanger.

Tested it out quite a bit. Just having the ability to track boat straight during windy conditions especially a great feature. Setting gear you seem to pay more attention to the fishing etc. Find you also pay more attention to hazards around you.

What's cool is the remote disengages anytime and I have full control in front or my stern steering. The front also has an override switch as well.

The only thing I don't really like is moving at higher speeds with it on moving to a waypoint. It's a bit of a weird feeling have the boat steer itself.

For trolling etc. though it's pretty slick. Route feature is very useful as you can set against a contour line.
I have been trying it out with the remote this week.... I don't know how I could ever go back to the days without it. I was on my boat with my wife, her friend and 3 kids, NONE of them helping me out or paying attention. I was able to run gear, steer the boat, set a route etc while fishing standing at the back. My HDS Carbon also wifi's its display to a tablet at the back. No need to go up to the front of the boat when its crowded with tourist/freeloaders . Its amazing.

I said to my best fishing buddy when he was helping me install it "fool!!! do you realize you are helping me install your replacement?!?!?! hahaha" at the time I THOUGHT I was joking at but now........

Last edited:
+1 on @Hot-Streak 's setup.
I was in their situation a year ago. Got the exact same setup with main MFD HDS 12"Live up front running a mirrored display through wifi to my phone at the back of the boat, and also with the remote fob aroiund my neck.
Game changer.
Just relaxing when setting gear even in wind and many boats around. It's like I bought a fishing buddy that doesnt talk back, just sits and steers all day. Worth it 100%. If you're thinking about the NAC-1 with remote fob, do it.

+1 on @Hot-Streak 's setup.
I was in their situation a year ago. Got the exact same setup with main MFD HDS 12"Live up front running a mirrored display through wifi to my phone at the back of the boat, and also with the remote fob aroiund my neck.
Game changer.
Just relaxing when setting gear even in wind and many boats around. It's like I bought a fishing buddy that doesnt talk back, just sits and steers all day. Worth it 100%. If you're thinking about the NAC-1 with remote fob, do it.
Installed mine two years ago. Been telling everyone it's a game changer but they all just roll their eyes and buy Islanders. Get your new friend Auto, better money spent than an Islander.

Back