E.C.V.I.

Hey Kelly thanks for the tips about fishing qualicum/french creek, I had a short stint out there tonight. I got out there at 5:30 got my two fish then went in at 7:30. nothing huge, 16-20lbs. but a successful first time fish for this area. see you out there.

Thanks for the pic klob. Pics from other boats look cool.Greg in the pic it looks like you are playing a fish but this was the second your buddy lost it and you were taking up gear. It looked like a nice fish.

When i hit the 40 today i was reeling in a dogfish that hit my top rod on a stack. The bottom rod started jumpin a bit and i was right on bottom and thought i was bouncing. Brought it up 15 ft, it was still bouncing and on the clip. FISH. Fought funny and stayed deep then did a wicked jump at the boat! Single hook popped out right when he hit the net.He was a big blunt faced white and the 24 a marbled.

Back out in the AM with a group.

Bigredsnapper lastnight playing a fish
002-1.jpg

This shaker did not release well...... Look how clean the bite was.
012-1.jpg

SLAB
011.jpg

The 24 looks tiny in comparison. Looks like more than a 16lb difference
020.jpg

018-1.jpg

Unreal weather today. Ran up at 8am it was glass and by the time i picked up the group and got fishing a breeze had started. 15 minutes later i was bringing my lines up and taking waves over the bow while trolling. SUCKED! In that 15 mins we hit an 8 lber. It was a long bitter slog back

good action at the Little Q this morning...lost 2 screamers had a few solid hits that didn't stick and ended up with 22, 22, 18.
UGLY ride back to FC.

Nice fish Kelly, were you at the river or French Creek? I went out yesterday morn and it was pretty rough and I had the dog with me so I just trolled the back side of Mistaken and got a couple small ling. It really blew up today, makes for a tough ride home at 10knots. It will be nice to have a bigger boat for just that reason.BRS

Hey Guys, just wondering is there any place a person could launch a 12' aluminum near the little Q. either with or without a trailer.
Used to go to Costa Lotta but that's all changed now.

Deep Bay or FC, other that that the Indian Campground off he beach. The Days of launching at Kennys and going right or left are long gone:(

Pass the Pack

Finally got this group out fishing and had a solid evening outfront of french creek. 23,12 lb springs and a bunch of pinks/23 inch shakers released. Lost a pig that broke us off aswell. 200-230 feet on white hootch and needlefish.Some killer whales out there aswell. Heard chatter on the radio of guys fishing well off the Q's. Im gonna run it tomorrow eve after work.

Chris i dont allow green/white spoons on my boat anymore :D

While gasing up i started chatting to coastguard who was gasing up their big rig after a patrol. They had a brand new highend 12ft zodiac with a brand new 30 4 strk honda. The front pontoon was popped. Apparently they found it drifting mid straight out of the blue. Accident?

Went out tonight with some friends from out of town. Got her a 28 lber first pass at french creek then made a bonehead move and tried little q with only one hit. It was dead i should have stuck to the waterfront. 250ft of line in 230ft of later on needlefish. Out tomorrow at 6 am to hit the tide at the little q then probaly fish outfront all day and repeat friday :D

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Out tomorrow at 6 am to hit the tide at the little q then probaly fish outfront all day and repeat friday :D

[:0]Out tomorrow at 6 am to hit the office then probably work all day and repeat friday;)...sure miss the days when all I did was fish!:)

Haha i am back to alberta in 10 days so im fishing like an idiot till then. This morning was slow we fished little q and outfront. One 12 lber down the beach little q. We saw 4 fish caught all morning out of 30 or so boats. SLOW at the little Q and poor tides when we fished outfront.

I suspect our recent rain pushed a bunch of fish up the river...the fish we got Tues night were a little dark. Could be slow for a few days until fresh fish show up. If we don't get too much rain, it should stay good for another 3 weeks with the best fishing still to come.

went out and fished little q tonight lots of boats and lots of fish to be had , we got our 2 27,31 and lost 2 one was around 20-25 at boat, all dark in colour . lots of others boats had their chances to. give me a wave if you see me i'm in my new " used boat" a 20 ft olympic hard top. cheers and good luck!

Another newbie, another first salmon. Just tickling 20 pounds, from the Big Q.

Another excited girl fisher.

IMG_3307.jpg

Back