E.C.V.I.

Kildonan! Wooo Hoo!!
I love that pic. She looks so thrilled!
I can't WAIT to have a pic like this of anyone in my family...LOL!

have the fish been moving into french creek or they still deep haven't been having any luck lately

Hey Kelly nice fish. I knew it was gonna blow NW so we headed to Squitty Bay for a picnic then to Jedediah for a hike then on to the top end and stopped in and talked to the locals. On the way back across we went by a cruise ship, man those things are massive.So burned a bunch of gas and didn't even drop a line but had a great day anyway.( I didn't think that was possible) My kicker is driving me crazy.....it still wont run so ordered a new carb(WTF!!)and if it don't run she'll be buried at sea. BRS

Greg when you get a day off lets hit it.I feel your pain on going all over and not fishing ive been there. We can use my boat. Ps the fish were where we hit them last year and no other boats:D

Darin use needlefish patterns in spoons and hootchies,pink sockeye squirts 30inch leader and small anchovies. The fish are feeding on needlefish still. Later on some other gear works when they stop feeding. Fish 50-90ft right on bottom now,late at night/early morn and later in the season the fish are right up on the surface.

Some nice ones out there I lost what looked like at least 40 pounder right at the boat last night it was a tank it hit a pink squirt at 264 feet well i guess tonight will be the night haha!

yep i was doing a turn out to deeper than head back shallow but i saw a school of fish deep so i figured what the heck dropped my gear and bam rod went ballistic! then gone at the boat :(

quote:Originally posted by kildonan

Here's my girl with her first ever salmon. Taken out front of the Big Q.

That's my girl!!!!

IMG_3428.jpg

Awesome post!!! Congrats to your daughter big time.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Made it to French creek and had to leave the boat there as it blew up really quickly. It got NASTY. Guessing 25-30 knts+ and gusting higher.Had a group with some young kids so no point taking them out in that. Might try the evening if it cools down or just slog back.

Kildonan, great job with the kids!
It says thousands of words when shots like that are taken.
I also noted the polka dot boots in the background...
Smiley.

Thanks, Smiley and Sculpin. It was good stuff, she's still talking about it a week later. :D [8D]

The little one with polka dot boots is only 7, her day will come too. ;)

was down to Little Q. with OBD this morning. VERY quiet. OBD lost a smallish spring, maybe 12-15 lbs at the boat, and we saw only a couple of other fish caught. Not at all like it was earlier in the week!

Congrats to the guys in the Bayliner 2452 that managed to recover the rod that was dropped overboard. But you were glad the downrigger clip enabled you to get a boathook under the flasher!! :D

Also tried Big Q for a short while-- saw a couple of springs jump-- so they are coming. Maybe next week.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey Kelly, my buddy saw someone waving at us and I said I have never seen that boat before.Decided to troll over and to my surprise it was you!! We had a 12lb on board and just then a good hit with a rookie on the rod....oh well. There were no fish to be seen on the sounder or bait.We did release and small one at the side of the boat and decided to go to Lasqueti for a sandwich. When we got back to the boat the fish was gone, Probably an otter,at least I didn't have to clean it.We then headed down the back side of Las. past Jedidiah and over to Sangster for an hour and squat. I think I might head out right now maybe go to Gerald, don't have enough time/gas for the river. I put the new $300 dollar carb on the 15hp and it ran better than it ever has. Check with you later.BRS

Went hard today and hit a freakin slab!!! Made the 24 lber we got after it look small. Lots of small shakers up to 8lbs released and some 4-5 lb pinks/coho released. Ill post pics later tonight

Ps greg i got a pic of you playing it ill post it up to.

Best shot I could do on short notice. Nice fish Kelly. First 40 out of French Creek that I know of this summer.

IMG_5101.jpg

Back