E.C.V.I.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

quote:Originally posted by banger17

nicely done! 2 beauties!

where did you get those shirts? i like both of them, pretty comical...

Made the BC tough one and a forum member was selling the seal one so i grabbed a few. Its a rule on the boat you need a stupid fishing shirt. Helps catch more fish

Wow, wish I knew that before. I always operated under the assumption that the number of fish caught increased exponentially in proportion to the beers consumed. And here it was the shirt that is the key, who knew? :D

haha well i was under 2 assumptions here:
1) like your shirts, i thought wearing stupid/silly hats when fishing increased my catch (which it does by the way)

2) the more beer one drinks, the more fish we catch. which gives proof to my fishing motto... drink lucky --- get lucky!

haha well i was under 2 assumptions here:
1) like your shirts, i thought wearing stupid/silly hats when fishing increased my catch (which it does by the way)

2) the more beer one drinks, the more fish we catch. which gives proof to my fishing motto... drink lucky --- get lucky!

Fished 8am-3pm at french creek and nada. One 4lb spring and lots of doggies/pacific cod. We kept bringing up cod that and been bit clean in half. Just the head left and we didnt even see the rods bounce. Heard of one caught around 8:30. Nice day out there though.

Hey Kelly, I finally got the kicker on and headed to Ballenas for a quick troll and the kicker crapped out again. Couldn't believe it, there was tons of bait too. Headed in to the dock and cleared the carb and seemed to help.I'm takin tomorrow off we have company tonite and I'll try to get them out tomorrow if we don't stay up too late.Sea lover got a nice 26lb whitey at French Creek today. BRS

Ya charlie told me that but we couldnt touch a thing out there! Please go back to work soon... Like clockwork you went back to work today and the winds went from 35 to 5 knots :D Work day tomorrow for me but let me know if you hit anything. Nice late 4pm bite so you can sleep it off:D

Ps to bad about the kicker.Get a Merc those things are bulletproof haha

-There wasn't much at Ballenas today except jelly fish. Lots of little stuff showing on the sounder but nothing large. Trolled a couple of hours around the bite this afternoon.

24#er Wed afternoon,Green and White Needlefish @ 200'.Also saw a 30# at the dock with a rumor of a 39#.

hey does anyone use plugs out front of french creek or is it a waste of time to try? what is working fast troll or slow troll just trying to land one lol!

Anyone hit the Qs yet? I might tomorrow but just fished 40 hours the last 3 days am burnt out and dont know the tides :D Still sounds hit and miss from guys i have talked to.

Fish around and 930 low is good enough for me to get up. Little Q in the morning

I fished Big Q a bit in the last few days. There are fish there. In 3 short outings we managed an 18 in one outing and a 20 in another. Jigging! Lost one other.

Saw some others caught but nobody seemed to be hammering them that I could see. Mostly I stayed away from the main trolling fleet so it's possible there was more going on there than I noticed. :D

Plenty of fish. We only bonked 4 up to 25 lbs as i dont need any and had 2 buddies out. 3 springs and 1 big pink that my neighbour wanted for some reason. Lots released but as the other thread said if releasing just pop them off at the side gently. Long bumpy ride from nanoose though so likely wont be doing it much. 60$ in gas on a 90[xx(] Time to work.

008.jpg

Tried an underwater picture on a smaller spring but this is the best i could do.

002.jpg

I got an underwater camera but look like an idiot hangin over the side while buddy plays the fish. I just dip it in an start clicking hoping one is decent but no clear ones yet.

nice work kelly!

well atleast now we know you dont lie about your gear![:p]

its funny you took this and posted... i was thinking about this the other day and want to try it next week in bamfield... will let ya know how she goes!

Back