E.C.V.I.

Well this looks like the place to go. I am planning on heading to the west coast, but all reports are SLOW!!! If I head to Q do I have to fish deep? I only have about 120' on the riggers, and cranking all that in can get tiring too. Thanks in advance for any help.

Went out tonight back to little q. From what I saw it was a lot slower. There were still some fish being caught but not by me tonight. Wind came up out of the valley and chased some smaller boats out of there. We left early as well do to some pains my lovely pregnant wife was having. nothing serious! We got back to french creek and it was glass, put our rods down and landed a teenager 13-15lb let this guy go so we can catch him next year. how is big Q doing?

Went out for a bit at french creek with a buddy. Hit a 28 lber in 180 ft of water and 250 ft of rigger line out doing only 1.8 knts with 15lb balls! Strong tide. Purple haze hootchie/flasher at 5-6pm.

Also pulled the pin on the Little Q after the wind came up and managed a 22#er back at French Creek. Good ole Army truck, 180' in 235'. Surprised to hear of your lines blowin back Kelly, the tides were pretty small tonight. How was dinner[:0]

came home with a pink tonight and lost what looked like a 28lb at the boat. having trouble netting him he was all over the map, I guess another rookie mistake haha! better luck tommorow!

Had a great fight with an undersize (26 1/2) Chinook in the Tyee Pool last night.
Bloody thing jumped about four feet high right next to the boat on a short line once, surprising us both when the spoon stayed attached.
Kinda neat looking up at the fish you are fighting.

Stewart Spoon #8, hooked just about 8:30 PM and deftly netted by my trusty rower and faithful companion CC about 12 minutes later.

Some fun!!

My wife cooked up a nice fillet tonite too.

Life is good.

Take care.

Dave congrats on rowing a spring. that would be awsome!

Klob it was weird, the evening low is not much different than the high so you think the current would be minimal.Its weird it blew at the river and not oufront. Dinner was good even though we were late.

Rob what speed do you fish plugs? I am going to throw one down along with a big tomic spoon for a bit tomorrow eve. The fish i hit have had decent size herring in them.

Baddog another guy said he fished all day without a sniff. Sounds like the only bite was in the eve. Your buddies rig was a fishing machine! My dad said to not believe anything i hear from him haha

Tonights fish
002-2.jpg

Just got back from PNT and got me a couple of the RVP special plugs, hope to give them a whirl over the next couple days....I'll keep you posted.BRS

Got a 20,2 barely legal and lost 2 at the little q this eve. Also did a pass at FC and got a 8lb true cod. First one of any size out there. Im burnt out and not fishing tomorrow.

There was alot of fish at little q but no real strong bite. I bet the low tide in the morning will produce. Hit fish on pink squirts and funky chicken coyote. 40-60ft

Managed a quick troll yesterday morn. There must have been at least 50 boats at the LQ and I didn't see one net. There were also a bunch of boats fishing FC. Only had time for one long pass and then back thru the gauntlet and not even a hit. Kelly if your'e around today and want to go out I can probably swing it. I'm on painting duty today(not my idea)but thinking maybe 2-7ish. I think Roman might be keen he phoned me the other day. Maybe try those fancy plugs today.BRS

Had an decent fishing day. Lost my go to gear so i wasnt fishing my favourites. Hit small springs to 6lbs, bunch of pinks and a twenty pounder. Guy we took out had a hoot though so it was fun.

Had an decent fishing day. Lost my go to gear so i wasnt fishing my favourites. Hit small springs to 6lbs, bunch of pinks and a twenty pounder. Guy we took out had a hoot though so it was fun.

FC from 3-630pm (avoiding the morning guys returning to the ramp, and the afternoon guys coming off).
Did a bit of surfing so just tacked with the wind.
Started both sides in the sand but then with the sounder marking lots at 50-80 we stacked one side.
Deep side didn't have a hit all afternoon, tried lots of gear.
Shallow side had lots of action, enough to keep a 10 year old excited.
4" watermelon and partygirl were magic, copcar & army truck etc no love.
1 double header, dad broke a rod and lost that one, dad lost other fish while son is coaching him on the net ;)
Had one interesting hit...tapped several times, then squat, looking at rod wondering whether to check gear or wait for the fish to come back, then a huge hit! On the rod, set the hook, can't feel anything, son reeled in the head of a 4# jack bitten off by something whose mouth was the radius of a large coffee can.
We didn't see any seals??? there were lots of doggies out there but it would have to have had a huge mouth???
Anyhow had 2 nice pinks to take home, I usually toss these softies but they were both larger (5-6#), silver, and firm.
Kid wants to go again but I figure they have to be off the Fingers also, the filleted remains of the pinks will make great crab bait, eh?
Not a lot of action heard on the airwaves, but it was a bit lumpy out there.
Smiley.

Took my lovely wife out sunday night for a little boat ride.
She has never caught a salmon before so we thought we'd give it a try for a while as they've been biting around here lately.
Her very first salmon.
Ever.

36#
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Cedarstrip/IMG_0048.jpg[/IMG]g][/img]

Hi Smiley. A commercial fisherman once told me that a fish biten off clean like that is from a Blue Shark. I have had that happen on the WCVI about 5 or 6 times. All but once has been at Swale Rock.

Autumn Ty-ee

Its doggies. Every trip we have had them do that to cod and salmon. They can extend their jaws a bit and make their mouths bigger than we think. I posted a few pics a couple pages back. Clean bites to.

Back