Clip leader to spoon?

jcon12

Anyone run multiple leaders pre tied at various lengths with a swivel on either end then just use a clip to attach the leader to spoon?

I have always tied my leaders to the spoon but on my recent trip to Nootka I noticed some guys running clips for a fast swap out.

I always imagined that the additional terminal at the lure end would look unnatural ?

I like the idea of just storing multiple leaders and keeping the spoons stored separately with no like to tangle tho.

Anyone run multiple leaders pre tied at various lengths with a swivel on either end then just use a clip to attach the leader to spoon?

I have always tied my leaders to the spoon but on my recent trip to Nootka I noticed some guys running clips for a fast swap out.

I always imagined that the additional terminal at the lure end would look unnatural ?

I like the idea of just storing multiple leaders and keeping the spoons stored separately with no like to tangle tho.
Yes, I use a small coast lock (60 lb test) BB swivel to attach to the spoon end on a pre-tied spoon leader.

Yes swivel at flasher end
Duo-lock snap at spoon end.
Simply open the snap and change your spoon
Been using this for years. Fish don’t seem to care. Check my leader and knots after you land a fish and re-use as many times as I can. There was a thread on this topic a few years ago. Maybe you can do a search. Lots of good info in there.

Been using this for years. Fish don’t seem to care. Check my leader and knots after you land a fish and re-use as many times as I can. There was a thread on this topic a few years ago. Maybe you can do a search. Lots of good info in there.

Wait... are you telling me that putting the snap at the end of the leader and not having to have a leader tied to each individual spoon is effective??? I always figured this was taboo, would not work, screw up action, etc. Man, this would make life so much simpler! I guess I best try it.

Now, to figure out how to just snap directly to hootchies!

I just straight tie. I personally don't think small differences in leader length matter, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary of course,
fb

Wait... are you telling me that putting the snap at the end of the leader and not having to have a leader tied to each individual spoon is effective??? I always figured this was taboo, would not work, screw up action, etc. Man, this would make life so much simpler! I guess I best try it.

Now, to figure out how to just snap directly to hootchies!
I was already thinking this lol. Maybe pre-tie with a short length of line with your hooks and an overhand knot. Then just clip to that. F*ck me this is blowing my mind.

As long as no one comes near me with them frickin Hawaiian snaps. Send em all to hell, maybe someone there can work 'em.

What’s the difference between a Hawaiian and a Macmahon snap? I’m with you tho they are so hard to open but people seem to love them…
I use them and had some issues when cold.
Someone on this board said to put the ring or whatever you are snapping to right at one of the ends, push it in or out with a squeeze. Works like magic every time now.

Back