Browns Bay Reports?

Totally agree BB. I hope this is a consideration by dfo for the derby, as they have screwed it up in previous years. eman

I thought the same until I plotted on a map the areas the seines are allowed to fish in for this opening.. basically malcom island-pt mcneill to BB . Relatively No untouched water. Area 12-1 butts up against 13-35. Then with the exclusion of 13-34 and 13-33 kelsey bay area..they get to fish right down to BB
Hopefuly there wont be very many boats participating.

Hello, all.

Buddy texted me from BB.
Yesterday was slow.
This morning was crazy!

I spent all day prepping the rig for the 'fest next weekend.

Out.

Smiley.

I like to smoke my chum and make it in strips like jerkey,so I take the skin off. First time I have seen this in a fish after I removed the skin off the fillet I flipped it over and all threw the meat were these big white puss balls. I took the tip of the knife and popped one and white puss came out like a Zit. So I threw the fish out in disgust. Never have I seen this in a salmon. So beware Gents if your not skinning your fish because the other side of the fillet looked fine.

I was there at deepwater from 1145 to 1530, in a tight pack of 27 boats, including a few charter guides. not a hit ... Saw one tiny shaker caught. Changed to plumper one hr into flood, with 17 boats, nuting, moved back up 1 mile above deep... nothing. Went thru the massive police roadblock on hiway, they said they had seen several guys with fish earlier, so must have been a early morning bite. radio channels dead quite.
Was a very nice day, and were entertained by that massive wall of porpoises than stormed down at 1230.

Report I got was spotty for the afternoon on Saturday. Buddy got 3 with one at 17lb.
That would be the commercials having an impact on the fishing.
Seems no one want's to go out till things improve.
Even had a regular derby guy bail because of the lack of fish and the derby is a week away.
Is 4 days going to be enough to make this derby fun?
Will see but this could be my last if things don't improve.
DFO and the commercials run the system and I'm done.
GLG

Is there any truth to this thread any more or just a lack of posting? I called BB this evening and fishing has been great. See you there....

We did well today, 11 in the boat(one shy of our limit) and lost just as many if not more. Fished plumper for the ebb and deepwater on the flood. Saw lots caught by others it was true entertainment!!!

Man, it was deadly out there today. For every other boat except our, that is. We fished Plumper and Deep Water from 10 till after 4. One fish at about 11 (5#) . But everywhere we looked other boats were into fish, with more jumping all over. We are an experienced lot of fishermen who normally get at least our share. But this was the first time for any of us targeting dogs, and we got beat bad. Tried a wide range of gear and leader lengths and depths. Fished inside and out. Nothing worked. Other than just accepting that we suck, the only variable we had trouble with was speed. Kicker is out of commish, so trolling off the main. Meant we were going a little faster than I believe is desirable. At any rate, there are bigillions of fish out there, and those who know how to fish em are doing very well.

Arrrgggg!

Awesome day out there today. We hit Deepwater at about 10:30. Took us a little to get started but once the bite came on it was fun fun fun. We had 15 near the boat in about 2.5 hours lost 6 and boated 9.
Had a newbie with us that has never fished the salt before. He netted the first one. I said scoop it and he fired the net under it and came up with the fish and darn near launched it over our heads. I looked up and there was a chum flopping half out of the net 5 feet over our heads. Had us laughing for sure and the other boats that seen it as well.

Great day on the water!!!

Lots of fish out there. Too bad the bag fleet will be ending it tomorrow

Sunday was my best day fishing this run. Plumper during the ebb, then deep water for the flood. 16 fish landed in 5 hours, lost another half dozen. Seiners out today, and the cleaning station was still busy. Going out tomorrow, more reports to come.

My radio doesn't have that channel in the off chance I get out.Channel 12. Depends on wife and kid's schedules today. .
Should be a good day out there , calling for rain, but tomm says sun. Although every time It has called rain so far there's been sun out there.

Back