Browns Bay Reports?

run up from campbell, way nicer launch at discovery harbour. Having said that it is gonna blow 20 southeast monday, so the ride from browns to campbell may be a little lumpy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were you Kelly? didn't see you anywhere. Unreal day out there,sunny,calm and lots of fish.We caught 23 and lost easily that many.2 quads,countless tripples and doubles.

Would have killed to fish but my regular crew was all over the place. Didn't feel like making a day trip up there with green horns. Glad to hear you smoked em.

Too bad you could have jumped in with us.Crazy was a understatement running 5-6 rods. The only thing that sucked was the flat tire and then the spare we put on blew out after about 5 mins on the highway

Good to see you made out good. I didn't get out. Had a rough day. As we were throwing the Turkey in the power went fuzzy and surged and blew up the oven and the dryer, and then got a call shortly thereafter that a family member passed away this morning so my day was pretty much shot. Ended up eating pizza hut for thanksgiving. Glad though that you did so excellent out there Albernifisher! I saw the water levels at about 10 am and figured that anyone out today was going to hit a good flood.

cmon now FBC, u should have thrown that bird on the barbecue, its the Canadian way when there's no power, i had to do it one year,lol, seriously, we had turkey chili this year, were sick of the traditional crap, thats it im makin turkey pizza tomorrow in spirit of you, sorry just tryin to lighten it up, hope it all works out for ya, sorry to hear of your loss, good reports so far this year, hope it holds for the derby...:)..holmes*

Hahah thanks Holmes.. Just kind of wrote the day off. Couldn't quite get my mind into it... There's a half bottle of scotch that might not survive the day yet.

Good thing you stayed at home. Lost 6-8 landed 5 released a few unclipped hatchery coho as well.............Caught the derby winner so you guys should start setting your goal lower. :) 8-10 boats. No good #'s I would say.... slow but the weather has changed over night. I heard it was much better yesterday.

GREAT WEEKEND, started poorly, actually it wouldn't start! Dead battery. A couple of fine gents tried to jumpstart me but no luck - it took 2 RV batteries (thankful that friends showed up and were willing to let me borrow theirs!) to crank it over. Gotta get a second battery on dad's boat ASAP. And a maintainer, and and and - hoping to have it completely detailed for the 2012 sockeye season.
Saturday was slow for us, had heard the magic was 80' and we tried many depths, scratched up a few.
Sunday lengthened the leaders to 30" and it went off in a big way at 50'. 3 limited in 90 minutes, could have been 10 minutes if the crew had more experience - we had 2 (yes TWO!) quad headers aka fourples. At 10am my pop was only half down and by now warm so we called it. The most active fishing morning of my life, saving when the mackerel show in the Sound. Had a couple of exchange students on board; hope they don't go home and tell everyone that it is always as they saw it!
My little fishing machine got the 2 biggest of the weekend at 15lbs11 and 16lbs2, all on 4" Peetzs of course.
I hope a certain frequent reader of this forum makes a wise choice and doesn't go into detail about my reel repairing timing..............hate giving people ammo like that LOL
Business Time, how was Sat for you? Hope you stayed for Sunday.
Well, I have a crew in for the derby and am praying to the fish gods that the run is just getting started.
By the way, the females were all quite small and pale fleshed but I haven't chased chum for 2 years so maybe my memory is what is actually pale?
Get out there, don't travel far.
Smiley.

Good thing you stayed at home. Lost 6-8 landed 5 released a few unclipped hatchery coho as well.............Caught the derby winner so you guys should start setting your goal lower. :) 8-10 boats. No good #'s I would say.... slow but the weather has changed over night. I heard it was much better yesterday.

So only 8-10 boats in the derby? What did you win Owen?

Was anyone else out there yesterday? How did you do? Funny everyone is talking about Sunday being so good. Then I head up there monday and it is slow. Only one good bit around 11 till noon. There was a guy at the cleaning table that had been puting his time in and only came in with one nasty looking fish. Ours were all chrome bullets.

That's okay Smiley, I'll keep the story tucked away till I need it :)

Something I noted about our success this weekend....

Sat Morn - we got skunked - it was low tide
Sun Morn - Limited out (8) in two hours - high tide
Sun Even - slow - low tide
Mon Morn - slow - low tide

If I was a betting man, I'd fish the high tide

BTW - Browns Bay resort is first class - never seen such a nice place - The club house was extreemly comfortable and the hot tub was a nice treat. Worth the money - but only if you have a camper or RV - don't think about tenting there.

Maybe I'm slow but this makes no sense to me.
You have sat and sun mornings with both tide?
Sunday evening with a low tide? I thought it was a high tide.
Could you be looking at a current station table?
GLG

Saturday and Sunday morning were both low in early am then flooding till just after noon. Then droping to the low in the evening. We got ours at the top end of the flood. So if he means Sat. morn high tide maybe he means the flood.

Saturday and Sunday morning were both low in early am then flooding till just after noon. Then droping to the low in the evening. We got ours at the top end of the flood. So if he means Sat. morn high tide maybe he means the flood.

Thanks that's makes sense. I found the same result as you for bite times.
Picked up that spare tire thing will drop of a gift when I get a chance.
GLG

Now if this bite pattern continues this weekend could be interesting as The Bite should happen in the afternoon Saturday and Sunday will be slow at the scales as The Bite will be after the derby is over.

Now if you try using weather to catch the fish I would say today and tomorrow would be the best 2 days to fish this week. Check the weather for the days people caught chum this year. There might be pattern there. :)

This weekend is the 15th and 16th, Derby is the weekend after, 22nd and 23rd.
I know I was thinking it was right around the corner too.
Too many things to get done before derby......
GLG

Back