Browns Bay Reports?

Hey I've seen you out GLG. !

Yup been up there lots.. When I'm not up to my eyeballs in reno work.
Flag me down next time you see me.

What CH will you guys be on?
Will look for the cold and deep.
GLG

Good luck this year boys. Not gonna make it. Not enough time to sort the boat out so will likely go play on some Westside flows instead. Gonna miss the gongshow.

Ps be sure to take some advil

Team Autumn Ty-ee has arrived on site and is heading out fishing. See you all on the water. We are camped in site 36, cold Heineken in the box. Will post a report when we come back in

Good luck to all you guys in the derby. Hope the weather improves for you. Seems like the BB derby manages to get pretty lousy weather most of the time. Too bad it wasn't a week sooner. The weather was beauty last weekend.

I have a question for the Chum experts up there. Do you find the tides are a big factor with Chum fishing. Do they seem to prefer an incoming or outgoing tide, or does that vary with every different location you fish. Do they bite through all tide phases, or is most of the action around the slack tide. Do you find the fishing is better on small or large tide exchanges.

I've never fished late enough in the year to get in on the Chum fishing up Island. I've always used up my holidays by Oct, but I hope to get in on your Chum derby one of these days. It sounds like a blast, I sure wish we had a great Chum fishery like you guys have up there.

Good luck, have fun, keep safe.

Tides play a major factor in the Browns Bay, Deep Water Bay and Plumper Bay . In fact the tide book is often called the bible for fishing for all types of salmon in the Campbell River and North areas. Back eddys and rips off the various points are formed when the tide really starts to run. Flood and Ebb tides dicate to where you should be fishing. Hope this answers your question? ............BB

Kind of figured that, but not having spent much time around Browns Bay I thought I'd ask. What about the tide exchanges, better on small tides? Do you find most activity around slack tide?

Thanks for any info

7-8 lber's here too.. Same.. Limits, but slow and steady. Hoping weather improves. The big days have all been sunny so far.

Top fish so far is 14 so we have to top that.

If I didn't leave them in the boat, I'd take a photo, but for us, a pink short hootchie with dark blue streamers in it, with 33" leader ... both riggers stacked hitting everything between 62 and 82.

I don't mind sharing the info. I don't expect to win. Winning is just being there, and seeing everyone have such a good time.

Of course Chum Dumpster's out too!. Had fish hanging from the mouth, no shirt, and an butt crack the size of a mountain for all to see!.

Priceless!

Certainly worth the time even just for the fun of it, and even got a T Shirt for the ticket price.

seen quite a few forum member's boats. Passed you near the end of the day Albernifisher.

Looking to be sunny tomorrow weatherman says... Mean's it might be game on, and a good time for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back