Browns Bay Reports?

it was 15.25lbs posted on the facebook page

more,lmao.....holmes*

037.jpg

Hey that chick has a ****!!:eek::D.

Great pic's holmes. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like it was a great event and fun was had by all. Kudos to those that put the event on. Sounds like a "reel" success.

Just got to a computer... What a great derby! Tons of action and fun. It was our first time at BB and fishing Chum, we got our limits and had a blast. Love the pics, though the kelp bong shot gave me flashbacks. Holmes, great to meet you and I think we solved all the world's problems at 2am (at least the fish farm issue)!

Will definitely be there next year!

Cuba Libre, sorry we didn't get to talk at the boat launch Sunday morning ,did't know who you were until my son saw the pictures you posted and told me that it was you launching with us. Hope you didn't take any pics of me backing my boat down the launch. lol,....................BB

From another thread and not BS joke.

Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon
Subject: FN1057-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chum Non-retention in Areas 11, 12, and 13

Test fishing catches in the Fraser River are indicating a low abundance of chum salmon. There are considerable uncertainties regarding Fraser River chum salmon run strength at this time. In an effort to conserve Fraser River Chum stocks, a decision has been made to take a precautionary approach and as outlined in the 2011-12 South Coast Salmon Integrated Fisheries Management Plan (IFMP), commercial and recreational chum fisheries will close in Queen Charlotte and Johnstone Straits. Recreational fisheries will close to the retention (non-retention) of chum salmon at 23:59 hours Wednesday, October 26, 2011 in Areas 11, 12, and 13; these mixed stock fisheries may intercept chum salmon on-route to the Fraser River. Stock assessment information will continue to be monitored both in the Fraser River and Johnstone Strait test fisheries. Chum salmon may open for retention in Areas 11, 12, and 13 if stock assessment information shows that it is warranted. VO# 2011-502 FOR MORE INFORMATION: Brad Beaith (250) 756-7190
Fisheries & Oceans Operations Center - FN1057
Sent October 25, 2011 at 1635

Well this sucks. Perhaps the commercials should not have taken so many.
There goes my fishing plans again.
GLG:mad:

Interesting. Yeah DFO was kind enough to let us all on the water know today.. Saw commies scooping like crazy but still got our limit today, so glad I was out, and didn't wait until tomm.

Did anyones fish have worms in them? all the females we caught yesterday were rife with them.

we found this on a couple. Same as Duffer and FA reported on the general forum.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has ran into them,and if they know what they are. Kinda wonder if it has anything to do with the way smaller average size this year?
As I said in the other thread in general forum , I am not sure if I should skin all my chum to be sure???

I will post pics here as I know more will read the salt water than the general. I would suggest we get the discussion and any responses back to Duffers thread "Chum salmon, are they sick"

Here are the pics anyway . I will look for your responses in the other thread.

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

Cheers:Ray

Cuba Libre, sorry we didn't get to talk at the boat launch Sunday morning ,did't know who you were until my son saw the pictures you posted and told me that it was you launching with us. Hope you didn't take any pics of me backing my boat down the launch. lol,....................BB

Being well matured ( some say old...) I cant remember what your boat looked like.... but is your boat name Barnacle Bill ?? If so we fished along side of you at Separation...

Cheers
bryan

Old, old Boston Whaler, and a senior, retired , fisher person. Boat name is correct, also glad you didn't see me backing down the ramp, lol.

From another thread and not BS joke.

Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon
Subject: FN1057-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chum Non-retention in Areas 11, 12, and 13

Test fishing catches in the Fraser River are indicating a low abundance of chum salmon. There are considerable uncertainties regarding Fraser River chum salmon run strength at this time. In an effort to conserve Fraser River Chum stocks, a decision has been made to take a precautionary approach and as outlined in the 2011-12 South Coast Salmon Integrated Fisheries Management Plan (IFMP), commercial and recreational chum fisheries will close in Queen Charlotte and Johnstone Straits. Recreational fisheries will close to the retention (non-retention) of chum salmon at 23:59 hours Wednesday, October 26, 2011 in Areas 11, 12, and 13; these mixed stock fisheries may intercept chum salmon on-route to the Fraser River. Stock assessment information will continue to be monitored both in the Fraser River and Johnstone Strait test fisheries. Chum salmon may open for retention in Areas 11, 12, and 13 if stock assessment information shows that it is warranted. VO# 2011-502 FOR MORE INFORMATION: Brad Beaith (250) 756-7190
Fisheries & Oceans Operations Center - FN1057
Sent October 25, 2011 at 1635

Well this sucks. Perhaps the commercials should not have taken so many.
There goes my fishing plans again.
GLG:mad:
No fishing showing up at the Fraser.. Could it be that they were intercepted in great numbers in Johnstone straight by the seines?
More DFO bungling!

Had a great time at the derby. Test run Fri was great.
Sat limited early.
Dad's V6 was having some issues tho.
Sun AM we ran just past Separation, thinking of trying the wall, when the V6 quit.
What the heck, we 3 think and say to each other, it's calm, the current will push us back to BB, and the kicker is running perfectly.
Murphys Law laughed at us 15 minutes after we get the gear out - the kicker quits too!
After an hour of trying to get the motors running we put the hail out to coasties who rebroadcast the assistance request (we were getting into Deepwater by now and I didn't feel like hanging an anchor out).
Made me think of a comment by the instructor in the VHF course about how most people only have 16 on when they need help.
He taught us to keep the VHF on 16 all the time.

THANK YOU to "Wobbly Pop" for taking a half hour out of their morning and towing us back to BB.

So our derby ended early but it was still fun.

It is tough making it down to the party each night when you are downing pops in the upper campsites, won't prefer to be up there again, yeah yeah we were lazy pr876785675cks LOL

Have a great winter everyone!

Smiley.

Smiley, we got up to Deep Water bay about 1000 hrs sun, and I always have my radio on scan. Did not hear any broadcasts for help, left Seperation head about 1230. Sorry I couldn't help.

Smiley, we called for you on Saturday and looked for you both Friday and Saturday nights. No sign at the Octagon or the tent. We figured you never made it up.

There's rumor of a re-opening.
waiting to see.
May try your take on lazo to denman for some feeders.
I've heard of a nice not so well known prawn hole over there too but will see. Can't say till it's tried.
I have plenty of chum. Much prefer springs.

Back