Arctic Char

spenergy

Does anyone know where we could drive to in the Yukon/NWt where we could fish for Arctic Char? (Assuming the north is open for us). Tried the best I could to research it and it looks like rivers on Hudson Bay....yikes!

Does anyone know where we could drive to in the Yukon/NWt where we could fish for Arctic Char? (Assuming the north is open for us). Tried the best I could to research it and it looks like rivers on Hudson Bay....yikes!
Grey lake in behind Whitehorse is loaded with Char and big ones. I lived up ther for 15 years. Every body of water holds fish. You can catch big Lakers of the shore of most lakes even in the summer months.

Also the bridge at tagish lake can produce very well layer in the evening when the Lakers move through. You taking a boat ?

River fishing on rivers that flow into the Arctic ocean is a great experience.
The wild sea run fish are excellent eating.
There are still some travel
restrictions in place.
Quite pricy unless you were going to be close to the Arctic Ocean.
Cambridge Bay has a commercial fishery through the Coop....last I heard you might be able to buy char from Kitikmeot Foods.

I believe various lakes around Whitehorse are stocked with Arctic Char, I don't know if you can conveniently drive to anywhere with arctic char running into a river from the ocean, but I could be wrong. The area around Whitehorse has some good fishing. Even right in town you can get grayling on a fly in the river. I really liked the Yukon, I would recommend visiting.

Back