Yamaha dual station help

fish brain

Crew Member
I am helping a buddy change the throttle cable on his 2018 ish Yamaha 150s. After changing the cable we now have an alarm then we shift either binnacle.(left or right) We did take one of the front stations apart looking for adjustments before we changed the cable, and have fiddled with the electronic one now as well. The problem happens at both stations, so I'm convinced it's in the controls somewhere. We have it to the point that we can put the throttle into the wide open position for about five seconds before the alarm starts. Does anyone have a manual we could borrow/buy? or have any suggestions as to what needs to be adjusted? The included pictures are from the internet to show which ones we have. I believe its the 6X1
1712880418788.jpeg1712880459316.jpeg

It looks like the problem is solved. Apparently, you cant put the motor in and out of gear when it's not running, without the alarm going off. We splashed the boat today and took it for a test run. We still have a few issues to tune up, but the alarm issue is resolved.

Back