A new outlook on Downriggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was, to a point, you just didn't see all of it. Everyone had their fun and, when it started to cross the line, it was pulled. No harm...carry on.
OOOHHHH ok just saw one of mine deleted and was really kinda shocked but oh well guess i missed the good stuff LOL

Tesoro, not long ago you posted this, have you had a big change of heart or just a pot stirrer because you are bored?

"Any luck? I have 3 blown boards for my HS and seems like none available in the world! I am going to look at repairing them and then buying scotties!"

You can order all Cannon parts from Fish 307. https://www.fish307.com/cannon-mag-10-stx-ts-downrigger-parts/
Most of the Magnum downrigger parts are interchangeable. If you have an old board or relay, you can just switch out to a new one. I run Cannon downriggers (I have owned Scotty's as well), and they are very easy to work on. They are just a motor and a switch basically. The board simply allows the positive ion control and autostop to work .

Just to add a little additional input to the thread. I had a Scotty 2106 on one gunnel and a Cannon Digitroll 10 on another for a full season. I have always run Cannons but I was interested to compare the two side by side for a full season of fishing. I like to compare things like this and make sure that I am forming objective opinions on what products work best for me. As mentioned by previous posters, the Scotty customer service was great. I dealt with them many times over the course of the year that I ran the Scotty and was very pleased. I have never dealt with Cannon's customer service. I have Cannons on both gunnels now.

We give salmon fishing seminars down here in Southern Oregon for alot of you BC guys. But with this covid bs not sure if we will offer it this year.
Is this some sort of joke? I kind of laughed a bit, but then I thought, I think he might be serious! There are so many OG fisherman on the West Coast it would make your cannons spin! Sorry I meant your head spin.

You can order all Cannon parts from Fish 307. https://www.fish307.com/cannon-mag-10-stx-ts-downrigger-parts/
Most of the Magnum downrigger parts are interchangeable. If you have an old board or relay, you can just switch out to a new one. I run Cannon downriggers (I have owned Scotty's as well), and they are very easy to work on. They are just a motor and a switch basically. The board simply allows the positive ion control and autostop to work .

Just to add a little additional input to the thread. I had a Scotty 2106 on one gunnel and a Cannon Digitroll 10 on another for a full season. I have always run Cannons but I was interested to compare the two side by side for a full season of fishing. I like to compare things like this and make sure that I am forming objective opinions on what products work best for me. As mentioned by previous posters, the Scotty customer service was great. I dealt with them many times over the course of the year that I ran the Scotty and was very pleased. I have never dealt with Cannon's customer service. I have Cannons on both gunnels now.
Well hopefully if you ever have to deal with Cannons Customer Service you’ll be singing the same tune( I got the backhand compliment) I haven’t heard much other than they are good at sending multiple replacement parts to support you fixing them yourself. I’ve had my Scotty Riggers for upwards of six years and other than the free annual maintenance never had a problem. Still if I decide I want to get into amateur downrigger repair, I might try Cannon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back