Scotty down rigger Spool Spacer ???

wildthing

Hi folks
well you guys who have had issues with the spool's splitting either with wire or braid using 15lb+ ball''s
i had my good friend make up a two part 1/4" wide spool spacer to go around the bare spool to take off some of the loaded pressure that the braid or wire wrapping causes before i go off and 3D print a truck load ...

mite see what the demand is and go from there costing wise prob going to guess at $10-15 per rigger then what it cost to post out ......
pic's added yes i know i put 500'+ on 16 stand 150lb grey braid i use 15lb's go 200lb if your on 18-20lber's
IMG_2418.JPGIMG_2418.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'd get one... Not cause I need it... But because it's a cool idea. Also wouldn't it make retraval faster because of the larger diameter?

well it was mainly for braid guys as since its a lot thinner than wire i suppose i can do a 1/4" thickness and a 1/8 th if your worried about the counter being out .... don't be so anal go hit bottom with your sounder and reference back ....

well if you think that counter is accurate ...lol hats off to you, still the earth is flat don't you know !

well if you think that counter is accurate ...lol hats off to you, still the earth is flat don't you know !
I don't even bother recalibrating the counter on my riggers anymore, its so inaccurate. Easier to go by feel...bounce it off the bottom and you know! 😆 Unfortunately this method has caused me to donate a couple weights to the deep. I'm half tempted to take an old sounder off an unused boat and see if I point it backwards if I can track the weight depth that way.

What’s the material? Several folks out here have gone to machined aluminum spools to prevent their braid from cracking the spools. But the aluminum ones are around $250 each. I’d be up for a pair if you’ll ship to Washington.

PTEG if any get made ???? other than for my own or i'll just put the file up online

Back