Search results

1. daddystoy

random question regarding boat insurance

I'm in the process of getting a couple of quotes for my upcoming boat insurance. I feel I am paying too much with my current place for the value of the boat. That's another story for another time. My question is: On one of the applications (Hub Insurance) they ask for the Previous Insurer, The...
  2. daddystoy

CanadianListed.com legit??

Has anybody bought anything from: CanadianListed.com ??? It seems a little scammy but I could be wrong. My gut says stay away. A Google search says it's bogus.
  3. daddystoy

Trade a 10 and 15# cannonball

I would like to trade a 10# and a 15# cannonball that I have and never use for 2-12# cannonballs. I only ever use 12 lbers and don't need the 10 and 15 lbers. I was thinking straight trade... no cash involved. I'm in Burnaby.
  4. daddystoy

Savary Island

Spent the last week chillin' on Savary Island with the family. Got lucky with an incredible week of weather! Even ran into Bill310 and his wife in Lund and got to see that sweet rig of his! Very nice boat!
  5. daddystoy

Sockeye opening this year in Georgia Strait?

I know this is far too early to ask and the answers will all be speculation but the uncertainty is killing me! What are the chances that they WON"T or WILL open sockeye for us this year. It is the 4 year cycle again for the Adams River run. And I will be retired this summer and have BIG plans...
  6. daddystoy

Setting trailer bearing pre load

I put new bearings on my trailer and I've got one side that after spinning the wheel and tightening the castle nut to seat the bearings and then backing the castle nut off to insert the cotter pin, the castle nut slot wants to be RIGHT in between the openings for where the cotter pin slots in...
  7. daddystoy

Trailer bearing pre load

I put new bearings on my trailer and I've got one side that after spinning the wheel and tightening the castle nut to seat the bearings and then backing the castle nut off to insert the cotter pin, the castle nut slot wants to be RIGHT in between the openings for where the cotter pin slots in...
  8. daddystoy

Big single vs twin engines fuel consumption comparison

This has probably been discussed before but I thought I would ask again. What do you guys think the fuel consumption comparison would be say between a single 300 hp outboard and twin 150's Would it be significantly different in favour one way or the other or not? I get all the pros and cons of...
  9. daddystoy

Brand new scotty 2106 downriggers for sale

2 brand new in box model 2106 scotty downriggers for sale. I won both of these at a fishing derby so no receipt... and yes it is legit. $600.00 each firm
  10. daddystoy

Critter Cove booking available

I have Cabin 09 booked at Critter Cove arriving Sunday August 19 and staying for 4 nights and departing on Thursday August 23. Good for 2 to 3 people. Have to cancel (sadly) due to major engine problems! Paid $763.88 all in for the 4 nights accommodation. Would like to see close to this amount...
  11. daddystoy

Blue Sea Add-A-Battery Switch 5511E $60.00

$60.00 Brand new. I decided to wire my boat a different way so I bought a different switch. This is leftover from the package set. Located in Burnaby
  12. daddystoy

recommendations for radar arch fabricators in lower mainland

Sort of playing with the idea of getting a radar tower made for my boat. The boat is a 70's vintage 18' 6" Double Eagle. I live in Burnaby so anywhere in the lower mainland area would be okay. And if anybody has had one made recently I am curious as to the cost. Thanks...
  13. daddystoy

marine binoculars

Planning on adding some this year. Probably going to pick something up at the upcoming boat show. Any recommendations as to what to look for in terms of power, quality ... reasonable price point for a decent quality product. thanks in advance...
  14. daddystoy

How often do you replace your mainline

Just wondering how long you people leave your mainline on your reels before replacing? I would think guides probably change it more often than your average fisher. Also, what about test strength; any preference 20 or 30lb test? Thanks in advance
  15. daddystoy

Opinions on AGM batteries

Really appreciate all the advice and personal opinions on the Ace line hauler vs Scotty prawn puller in the other thread I started. Thought I would try the same thing for AGM batteries. I have looked at a few different AGM batteries and I can get 2 from Edmonds Batteries for $252.00 each plus...
  16. daddystoy

Opinions on Ace Line Hauler vs Scotty Prawn Puller

I am planning on buying a prawn puller and was looking for pro's and con's on both pullers. I have 2- 30 inch diameter traps that I fish on 1 line with a 10lb cannonball for added weight in holding them in place. I fish out of an 18.5' boat so I do have storage space under the bow for storing...
  17. daddystoy

Price of fuel in Poett Nook

Just throwing this out there. I filled up once at Poett Nook during my week at Bamfield. I normally buy fuel at Bamfield, but I was up Poett Nook way and needed fuel and have never been in there so I thought that would be a good reason to go in and check it out. So the posted price was $7.00 per...
  18. daddystoy

New reel for the boat

Was at Berry's Bait yesterday replacing gear that was lost to "Mr Whiskers" on Tuesday while fishing at the hump and started to look at some nice reels. I have been fishing the basic combo 10.5 rod with the M-one reel. Decent setup but I knew that at some point it would be nice to get some...
  19. daddystoy

Info needed on Duval Point Lodge

I've got a buddy I work with who is looking for some current info regarding Duval Point Lodge. He had been going there for 6 consecutive years and has missed the last couple of years. The last time he was there (2010) there was a new owner who was, lets say lacking in the people skills. He has...
  20. daddystoy

Daddys Toy rebuild project photos, June 2011- March 2012

Here are a bunch of photos of the mid 70's 18.5' Double Eagle that I rebuilt. My son who is doing a automotive mechanic apprenticeship rebuilt the engine with guidance from an experienced mechanic he was working with. It was a helluva a learning experience for me and him. Would I want to do it...
Back