Info needed on Duval Point Lodge

daddystoy

I've got a buddy I work with who is looking for some current info regarding Duval Point Lodge. He had been going there for 6 consecutive years and has missed the last couple of years. The last time he was there (2010) there was a new owner who was, lets say lacking in the people skills. He has booked again for the upcoming season and the price has gone up considerably (approximately 40 %). That is one issue but the other issue is, is he is getting bad vibes about how solvent the place might be. Any other info or current reports would be appreciated.

thanks, Dave

I've got a buddy I work with who is looking for some current info regarding Duval Point Lodge. He had been going there for 6 consecutive years and has missed the last couple of years. The last time he was there (2010) there was a new owner who was, lets say lacking in the people skills. He has booked again for the upcoming season and the price has gone up considerably (approximately 40 %). That is one issue but the other issue is, is he is getting bad vibes about how solvent the place might be. Any other info or current reports would be appreciated.

thanks, Dave

I know nothing about the logde but the lodge should be educating there guests a little more on proper etiquette for on the water IE there alluminum boats. When you have 20 of them zig zagging really any way they feel like it with. I only say this as sometimes you don't have to go far to load up on salmon but at the same time Duvall is right there. I have lost maybe 20 bigger fish and gear to those boats running over lines and really not carring at all. I guess I am different as I will risk my own gear to help somebody else land there fish but not these boats.

I have also noticed a decrease in there boats in recent years so like the ferries I guess there trying to make up for it by raising rates.

There boats are built a little heavy to venture out that's for sure as I don't think there's anywhere else to stay and get usage of the boats like that.

Is it so hard to teach right side if the boat to land lol .

Sorry for the little rant but I lost too many great fish to them boats. Oh and gear lol

I know nothing about the logde but the lodge should be educating there guests a little more on proper etiquette for on the water IE there alluminum boats. When you have 20 of them zig zagging really any way they feel like it with. I only say this as sometimes you don't have to go far to load up on salmon but at the same time Duvall is right there. I have lost maybe 20 bigger fish and gear to those boats running over lines and really not carring at all. I guess I am different as I will risk my own gear to help somebody else land there fish but not these boats.

I have also noticed a decrease in there boats in recent years so like the ferries I guess there trying to make up for it by raising rates.

There boats are built a little heavy to venture out that's for sure as I don't think there's anywhere else to stay and get usage of the boats like that.

Is it so hard to teach right side if the boat to land lol .

Sorry for the little rant but I lost too many great fish to them boats. Oh and gear lol

Agreed. Peak season especially is brutal when battling people who lack simple fishing etiquette.

hey dave
i was recently there last summer and everything was great.... We booked a trip for six guys and they gave us a big cabin on land all to our selves we didnt have to share and we came and went as we pleased, i also think the price is reasonable for what you are getting we had done our reasearch and Duval worked out to be the best deal for what you get and on the contrary i found the staff to be friendly. They actually gave us some halibut to take home since we didnt have to much luck with the halibut!
We are thinking about booking there for this year looking forward to another trip.

They actually gave us some halibut to take home since we didnt have to much luck with the halibut!

Awesome that you passed this bit of info on!!????

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigfish that is awesome! But like your name (taken from a very good movie!) I am somewhat skeptical, especially about the free halibut. Call me a cynic, that's just the way I am.

Just remember when fishing Duval Point the boat with the beach on his right has right of way and when someone has a fish on get out of the way and clear a path so he can take it out to deeper waters. If you cause a local to loose a fish you may get the odd swear word tossed your way or sometimes a gaff hook.

As a charter/lodge and if you gift fish to customers it is a "grey area" but is considered by many as a form or barter, which is illegal. Come fish with us and we will give you fish if you don't catch your own. That is not the same as giving it away unconditionally.

Back