Opinions on AGM batteries

daddystoy

Really appreciate all the advice and personal opinions on the Ace line hauler vs Scotty prawn puller in the other thread I started.
Thought I would try the same thing for AGM batteries.
I have looked at a few different AGM batteries and I can get 2 from Edmonds Batteries for $252.00 each plus tax and core.
The battery Edmonds is offering is the Northstar NSB-AGM24M
Just wondering if many of you guys have bought AGM batteries and if so where did you buy them from and what brand did you buy?
The group 24 series is what I have now in my boat and I can't go any bigger nor do I need to or want to.

Thanks again in advance.

Dave

Suggest you check out the Costco batteries.. great return policy and WAY cheaper than marine shops. I just replaced both of my batteries. One is a 800 amp cranking, and the other is a 750 amp deep cycle for just over $220. ( Included refund of $10 ea.core charge for the old batteries.)

I've only been using costco batteries in my boat, purchased new in 2000. On my second set after changing out the originals. Change every 4/5 years per set, just to be safe.
Stosh

I also use the Costco batteries, but I do recharge them periodically over the winter. They have never let me down.

Another vote here for Costco marine batteries. They are as good as any others and have an excellent warranty. I had one where a terminal came loose after a year and they replaced it with a brand new battery no questions asked.

Also you will save about 300$ buying from Costco instead of Edmonds.

Back