The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

A buddy and I took a new boat owner/angler out on his boat tonight and taught him how to run his riggers and fish out around bell buoy towards north arm. Had a good strike and passed tthe rod to the newbee and instructed him to
Keep the line tight and tip up.......well you can probly guess what happened.
Oh well I guess we were all new once.
140 ft of water 45 ft on the rigger, chovie, green flasher.
Saw a few pinks jumping.

Pinks at the North arm already? Well that is good news indeed for the run this summer.

Thanks for the report!

out tomorrow

Will be out tomorrow and probably monday.
On 88A.

Give a call, or a wave.

fished between QA and north arm for awhile this morning, not much happening a few other boats out as well,
moved over to west van, just dropped 1 rigger to 20 feet while I was stacking on another and the first one went off at 20' down and 20' from the boat.
boxed a nice hatch coho, fished till 2:00ish a couple good hits but nothing else, did hear of one of the local guide boats with a couple springs and a couple coho's as well

S. Bowen

Fished S. Bowen for a few hours in the morning.
1 undersized released near Tunstall.
Thats it.

Coal docks

Went out Sat, hit 2 pinks in an hour and a half, had to pack it in. Buddy on his first fishing trip was sea sick the entire time. I warned him, should have worn the patch. Oh well. Just sat around on the beach soaking the crab pots got a fare amount of keepers.
Might try again on Monday, there were some pockets of fish now and then showing on the sounder. Must be a few early fish rolling in.

Saturday Fished Bellbouy and QA for 1.5 hours. Nada.
Cruised over to Thrasher mid Morning, fished the reef for 2 hours, saw a 24 boated beside us. Lots of boats at Grande so headed over there. Lost about 10lb within 1/2 hour. Then fish on every hour or so. Hooked 6 undersize then boated a nice 22lb. Most action at 109' on 3.5" Cookies and cream spoon, just like a cop car. Back out again in 1/2 hour.

Eastpoint

Fished the north arm for an hour or so yesterday evening killing time before the fireworks. No hits but we weren't trying that hard; only one line in the water.

Did see a nice fish jump about 20ft from our boat. Couldn't tell if it was sockeye or pink.

The water is still pretty brown but marked a few schools on the sounder.

Oh yeah, lots of rcmp boats out. I had mine boarded for a safety inspection in the river. Luckily I had everything in order. They seemed surprised. lol

Fished Howe Sound yesterday. Not a sniff. Even the Pinks were not around. On a positive note saw DFO doing a patrol. Spoke with them and they said they had written several tickets. Good to see them on the water!

Fished the for 3 or 4 hours today from cypress creek down west van and picked up 2 pinks in the 30 foot range on an ugly and water melon flasher . Also boxed a good coho on a wonder bread spoon trolling fast all day. Good to see a little life after a month off the water.

Was out for 4 hours today starting at 6:45 a.m.. Had a busy hour and a half at the Cap before the current started to run, keeping a 19 lber (anchovy just off bottom), losing one other good fish and releasing a number of pinks caught between 30 ft and 50 ft. That was followed by a quieter couple hours fishing between Ambleside and the Fisheries.

W. Van

Fished W. Van, between the lighthouse & fisheries. Broke off a spring. Landed a couple of pinks.
A few other LL releases. Seemed to be a good number of pinks around, saw several fish landed.

Nothing for me today in the box and only one good bite at the Bio Stn, I fished the S Arm , QA Marker and then went to Pt Atkin and the Bio Station. Covered lots of water in 10 hours but nothing happened. I should have hit Pt Atkin first as a lot of chatter on the VHF from the local guides and other fisherman talking about good catches of Coho, Chinooks and the Pinks from Pt Atkin to the Pink Appartents (north shore).

I am still waiting for the Chinook to hit the S Arm and maybe I will have them all to myself LOL, Lots of boats along the North Shore fishing and from the all reports CATCHING THEM !!!

Had a nice ride all over the straight in my NEW TO ME STRIPER so that beats the h*ll out of any good day at work LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
W. Van

Spent the evening boating from lighthouse to Pink Apts.
Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Except some big red jellyfish...

Spent the evening boating from lighthouse to Pink Apts.
Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Except some big red jellyfish...

spent the evening trolling the bell,jericho and at fisheries
nothing
nada
zilch

we gotta go back to the island shane

Someone with an entrepeneurial spirit needs to open one of these on the Island for all the Lower Mainland guys.

http://www.towandstow.ca/

Theres is one somewhere in the pitt meadows area, its an old barn they use, I havent seen it but apparently it holds alot of boats

Back