The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Man it sounds dead out there,someone post pictures from last year and lie or something.:rolleyes:

It is dead out here locally except for Howe sound. I've fished the bell buoy and QA a few times lately and nothing. Might try the cap tomorrow. Will report back if anything.

We got this fish 4 years ago in beginning of Oct at the Cap, I let the rigger down and we hit shallows and the ball was bouncing when this thing hit. It swam around the rigger line and I had to feed the rod around to untangle it. It weighed in at 38lbs.

sept25015.jpg

I was out fishing around hole and sunset yesterday
had a couple big hits,the daughters rod ripped out of the rigger clip and started screaming then
turned and headed right at us, needless to say our conversion rate was 0% but the weather was perfect and the water was great
heard of a couple caught over there just after we left-go figure eh?
also a couple off south bowen that I heard of also

Fishing Report: Vancouver

Several Chinook were hit from Hole in the Wall up past Sunset Beach today. Some boats had 2 or more. Anchovies 60 to 90 feet were working well.

Good reports guys, put in a couple hours at the cap mouth yesterday evening with only one solid hit that didn't stick - that dirty mountain dew water shakes my confidence quicker than Luongo's in the playoffs, whether fish are there or not! Blackmax, gidyup, trendsetter and FM what're your handles out there? Look for me on an 18 Whaler Outrage w/ hardtop, monitoring 88a..

I fished West Vancouver yesterday, had one small spring I released at the boat, was hoping it was a coho all the way. Green flasher and coyote at 55 feet. Picked up about 75 prawns and a couple crab.

Good reports guys, put in a couple hours at the cap mouth yesterday evening with only one solid hit that didn't stick - that dirty mountain dew water shakes my confidence quicker than Luongo's in the playoffs, whether fish are there or not! Blackmax, gidyup, trendsetter and FM what're your handles out there? Look for me on an 18 Whaler Outrage w/ hardtop, monitoring 88a..

I don't have a VHF on board but if you see a blue 17ft grew with a 70hp evinrude that's me.

my last boat was Miss B. Haven and thats what I went by, this one is a no-namer so I usually just sit on the side and monitor whats going on, but if you see me (white 22.5 campion explorer/green tops) just slide on up beside me and say hello sooner or later I'll figure out a handle, I've got a few in mind
Tim

I was thinking of trying the coal ports, has anybody been out that way lately? I haven't tried hole in the wall before, I am assuming horse shoe bay is the closest launch? How far is the run from the launch, maybe somebody could point me in the right direction?

Thank you

I was thinking of trying the coal ports, has anybody been out that way lately? I haven't tried hole in the wall before, I am assuming horse shoe bay is the closest launch? How far is the run from the launch, maybe somebody could point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Be careful when down south fishing those areas as there is still a chin.62-77 cm slot limit. Up by T10 and off Sandheads you are OK as long as you keep outside and west of the sub areas 29-9/ 29-10 line (the line is in tight to the shallows) Careful to not get too deep into crabpot Bay as going in there you eventually will be east of the line. Also sub area 29-6 south of Sandheads is off the coal docks. No chin. over 77cm there . After July 28th it is scheduled to open to over 77cm but check regs at that time as the 77cm reg was extended once already.

Effective at 00:01 hours Saturday, July 16, 2011 and until 23:59 hours Thursday
July 28, 2011, in Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10, the daily limit for wild
or hatchery marked chinook salmon is two (2) per day with a minimum length of
62 cm and a maximum length of 77 cm.

The 'Hole' is a gas guzzling whole 1 minute 'run' from Horseshoe Bay Launch ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder for all Howe Sound fisherman DFO has the Pinks closed to retention right now in area 28-1 to 28-5.

Thank you

if you launch at sunset marina your pretty much in the hole, but beware they charge 30.00 for launch and parking, and watch for the ferry rollers coming in when your at the launch if not paying attention your boat may end up a car topper

if you launch at sunset marina your pretty much in the hole, but beware they charge 30.00 for launch and parking, and watch for the ferry rollers coming in when your at the launch if not paying attention your boat may end up a car topper

Are you joking? Sunset charges $30.00, thats rape. :mad:

buddy wants to fish Sechelt for Salmon what's his best bet for a small boat...maybe even some pinks(he's a newbi)... thanx sammy

Back