2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Does someone know when the commercial prawning opening is locally? Sorry, if this is has already been discussed and I've missed it. Cheers.

East side of Bowen, Seymour Bay heading about half way towards the north end and back, stayed out far enough from shore to be in the trough. Scrapin' paint with BCF.

Follow the BCF line closest to East Bowen or just inside of it.
Thanks! I fished there yesterday, not quite scraping any BCFs, I stayed a little closer to shore, but still deep. 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM. No coho in sight... for me anyway. There were around 6 other boats and came and went, don't know what they found. Caught a few chinook that were released. I wasn't spotting much of anything on the sonar. Fished the top end of the water, 35 to 70 feet range on the riggers. Beauty day out there, especially closer to 3:30 pm when the light wind laid right down and the sun came out. I'll give it some time and head back out, maybe next week, and see what's cooking.

Thanks! I fished there yesterday, not quite scraping any BCFs, I stayed a little closer to shore, but still deep. 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM. No coho in sight... for me anyway. There were around 6 other boats and came and went, don't know what they found. Caught a few chinook that were released. I wasn't spotting much of anything on the sonar. Fished the top end of the water, 35 to 70 feet range on the riggers. Beauty day out there, especially closer to 3:30 pm when the light wind laid right down and the sun came out. I'll give it some time and head back out, maybe next week, and see what's cooking.
Nothing on the screen for me either. Zero. I fiddled on the boat from noon til five yesterday, serious sun factor.

Back