Jughead new!

just received my order. aj outstanding bud . i just rigged them up and saturday t10 to bell .will report back. my boats name is fih-n-on.vhf channel 88a................don

Are these available at any stores in the Vancouver area? Pacific Angler, Berry's, 3 Vets, West Marine etc?

Hey guys...ya ...I ah ...hmmm ...well the truth be known... I had to balk at approx. 500 dozen orders because I simply can't produce on my own. Also, Jughead was ordered and slated for delivery to 63 stores across Canada and U.S. for March, 2013 (Berry's, Island Outfitters, Gone Fishin, Army & Navy, etc. etc).
Last year I had everything in place for production, packaging, shipping, distribution, etc (a million logistics). Took on a partner and within a few months everything went sideways. Guide Pro Inc is dead to me. It was a tough call to make but I had to walk away with my patents and trademarks, much, much further in debt and with egg on my face because I didn't get Jughead to stores. And quite frankly, a little angry at myself for letting someone bully me. Quite a humbling experience.
As I stated in my opening to this years Jughead, anyone with half a brain would have thrown in the towel by now. I've pretty much lost everything but I just kept grinding away, trying to figure out how to do this. In fact, I'm still trying...
There are a couple parties interested now but if I can't get the mold made this winter I'm going to print another 3D printer (believe it) and start stockpiling Juggies thru the fall, winter and spring then be ready for summer.
I'm not going to promise Jughead will be in stores next spring but, I'll bet you a dollar that they will be :)
Nevertheless, I'm sorry for the inconvenience guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont be sorry for any inconvenience! We all appreciate guys like you inovating great new gear! It must be freaking tough getting it all up and going! And impressive to hear that your still grinding away at it. Cant wait to get my order in and try some of these little buggers!

Cheers!

Well AJ

Caught my first salmon today in Sooke. Ordered from you last year and you sent a top up this year. I had all but given up on he jugs until today. Had the go pro down too. Caught a few, nothing big but the amount of fish on camera checking out the rig was awesome. Today I used a clear head from last year naked with a dummy flasher. will try a post a short video. i am sure i would have done better if the bait wasnt stiff from brine. Anyways thought I would let you know.

regards

JL

Fishwhisperer message sent

Very cool JL! I was hoping you'd drop your GoPro down and watch Juggie. Can't wait to see the vid! Glad to hear you got a fish. Awesome! And no flasher. Stellar! Is that one of the fish in the vid?

And ya, no brine :cool:

Well AJ

Caught my first salmon today in Sooke. Ordered from you last year and you sent a top up this year. I had all but given up on he jugs until today. Had the go pro down too. Caught a few, nothing big but the amount of fish on camera checking out the rig was awesome. Today I used a clear head from last year naked with a dummy flasher. will try a post a short video. i am sure i would have done better if the bait wasnt stiff from brine. Anyways thought I would let you know.

regards

JL

Whoa... did you mean your first salmon with a Jughead?

AJ, just wanted to give you some more for your wall........
Yesterdays trip I decided to try something different and it seem to pay off.
I forgot to load my bait tub up and arrived with only 8 chovies so I had to come up with something else I could fish but I couldnt bring myself to fish the jughead with one of my few chovies :eek:
I fished a traditional chovie/teaser on a 60" leader with a flasher on one side and on the other side I fished this squid/jughead on a 60" leader with the same colour flasher, both lines I fished the same depth to keep all things equal for the test.
The squid/jughead combo landed a pink and 17# spring + had one fish drop off after a pretty good run
The chovie/teaser caught 2 sharks, 3 undersize and had one fall off after a good run
Both times the fish were dropped I was confident the fish on were springs at least in the teens, but........?
For me that day proved that the Jughead is something that deserves equal time in the water with any of the traditional bread and butter rigs.
Looking forward to putting some more time in with them, next trip out I will remember the bait and put it up against the traditional teaser head and see how it stacks up.
I think I might have found my new bread and butter lure LOL

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 484
in box emptied...

Bravo! Sr SQ. Nice fish! I appreciate you giving Jughead the test. I've heard reports of Jughead outfishing a teaser head on the other side more than not. Look forward to your results. Either way its a learning curve. Thanks bud.
By the way, what's your fave colour and Juggy size... :)

Whoa... did you mean your first salmon with a Jughead?

Yes AJ. first salmon on a jughead. didnt have time to upload gopro video will do later after hunting trip. right now go pro will be mounted in the end of my bow and arrow. tight lines to all

JL

Yes AJ. first salmon on a jughead. didnt have time to upload gopro video will do later after hunting trip. right now go pro will be mounted in the end of my bow and arrow. tight lines to all

JL

Well that's just great JL. Kinda gives me that "I feel my job is done here" feeling. Thank you for sharing that. You made my day.

Fellas,
Accidents and mistakes happen. AJ stepped right up and helped me out. THANKS! And thanks for the surprise.

All rigged up and ready to go.

I only post this because I finally found a use for those pre-made wire leaders I have sitting around.

I usually tie my hoochies as you see in the top . This time I just slapped a jughead in front of it.
The next one down in the picture is the one I'm referring to about the cable. This way, there aren't any beads to weigh it down or impart any action.
The one in the bottom is with a spinner wire. I was concerned the wire would inhibit the action, but in fact, it wiggles as good if not better.

Wish me luck...I'll need it I'm now 2 for 23 trips.

Photo Sep 03, 5 53 43 PM.jpg

Nice lookin' rigs Mike! Wire leaders huh? I've never tried them with Jughead. I really like the idea tho. Gotta let me know how they swim with Jughead.
I used to make wire leaders for Pike and Lakers from my downrigger cable when I was guiding in the NWT. Lakers have large razor sharp teeth too. I have scars on my wrists, knuckles and fingers from extracting hooks from the big old buggers.
Good Luck Mike! Hope you break your dry spell.

...love all these new rigs :)

Back