Jughead new!

Oh my ...hey bud, I'm just headed out the door with 4 boxes full of Jugheads destined for WA and OR.
Order whatever you want blackvelvet, right now I'm all caught up, pm me, email me... anyone can order from anywhere :)

And, there is no "those making and distributing", it's just me bud.

Sorry if I insulted anyone. Just another yankee rant.....yada yada yada. I was just thinking....errr...crying outloud cause I'm a jughead orphan and I have a tackle hoarding problem for which the only cure is to obtain more tackle.

Thanks for the kind reply, I may have deserved much worse.

Not a problem blackvelvet. We'll get you some Juggies :)

- Hey seadna, your pkg did go out this morning...
Great if I get it by Thurs aft., they'll be fishing on Fri. Blackvelvet - if you're in the Seattle area, let me know by PM. I ordered 9 of the things and could let you have one to try.

I got the juggies out for a try this weekend. It was quite a slow weekend considering there was around 60 in the esquimalt anglers derby and only 16 fish or so entered but some found the fish.

I ran both chovies and large herring. They both looked amazing in the water but couldn't find a spring. That said, while looking for hogs in 50-60' of water I did hook into a couple of pinks. One of which was close to 10 with quite the hump. I released both at the side of boat.

They seem to swim bait at most speeds quite nicely....but what speed are people catching fish at?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377581896.440405.jpg

I got the juggies out for a try this weekend. It was quite a slow weekend considering there was around 60 in the esquimalt anglers derby and only 16 fish or so entered but some found the fish.

I ran both chovies and large herring. They both looked amazing in the water but couldn't find a spring. That said, while looking for hogs in 50-60' of water I did hook into a couple of pinks. One of which was close to 10 with quite the hump. I released both at the side of boat.

They seem to swim bait at most speeds quite nicely....but what speed are people catching fish at?
View attachment 8738

You know Andrew P, for not catching the big one, you sure put in a pleasant report.
Although, once I saw all the different ways you rigged Jughead, I knew you were going to give Jughead a good work out and an honest test. I really wanted to hear how things went, with an honest assessment, favourable or not. Thank you very much.
Having stated that, Great report, love the pic you posted so, pick your fave colour and size Jugheads and I'll send them off to you for free bud :)

Speeds? I troll fast Andrew. About 3 mph or a little faster. If I'm trolling tight to shore I may slow down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Aj,

I like the looks of the army truck!!

Thanks for the note on the speed. I was trying different speeds....but was trolling mostly very slow, like I generally would with a slow rolling chovie for the lazy hogs around here at the moment. I'll try kicking it up a knotch next time out.

Thanks!

Yes, kick it up a notch. I'm giving out a trade secret here but ...the theory of trolling at 2.5-ish mph is directly related to the average traveling speed of a school of salmon during migration routes. Salmon will travel, as a school, an average of 2.5 mph in migration. That is the formula I/we used to decide where to fish commercially. We'd see jumpers and finners then predict where they'll be in the morning. Always, always on the spot.
When a salmon predates, it has an immense amount of energy stored for this. It is also expended very quickly, hence the hard hits when trolling fast. Yes, of course you're usually going the other direction but, that fish is charging at your bait from a 100 yards away. There are always other fish (competition) with him.
Fish are lazy, yes. But when it comes to dinner time, nobody turns up a free meal.

thanks aj just ordered some again thanks for the quick reply.......don

You betcha Don. Thanks bud.

Check out the new Nano Juggies... for steelhead, salmon, trout, bass, etc, etc. Put a leech, pink worm, fly, minnow, yadda, yadda... Tickle your bass with a feather?
Working on LeadHeads...

Nano Juggies.jpg
Nano Juggies 2.jpg

I am wondering if i need to kick it up a notch trolling aswel, i am usually trollin around 2.3 to 2.5, going to try kicking it up a notch and also try running Juggie without a flasher as is seem to give Juggie better action. curious to get a few smaller juggies off of you to try the ellusive hootchie/juggie combo.

Dam...I was hoping to get out on the water with these before others (from one of WA's most popular fishing forums)...hopefully I'll break my 1 for 20 trips summer.

But now that BV is in the loop...I'm screwed :)

Come on mail...hurry up.

Dam...I was hoping to get out on the water with these before others (from one of WA's most popular fishing forums)...hopefully I'll break my 1 for 20 trips summer.

But now that BV is in the loop...I'm screwed :)

Come on mail...hurry up.

Aaah jeez. Making me feel guilty, lol. I sent your second pkg off last week Mike. Should get it any day...
And just so everyone knows, I put the wrong frickin address on Mike's pkg and sent it weeks ago. Then Mike shows me on the receipt that I put a 1 instead of a 4... again, sorry Mike. I hooked you up with this new pkg tho (...still making BV's) :)

I am wondering if i need to kick it up a notch trolling aswel, i am usually trollin around 2.3 to 2.5, going to try kicking it up a notch and also try running Juggie without a flasher as is seem to give Juggie better action. curious to get a few smaller juggies off of you to try the ellusive hootchie/juggie combo.

Jeffy I have your Purple Haze ready in chovy size... that's what you wanted right?

yes Sir chovy size is what im running if i can back out out there, weather is not cooperating right now..sent you a PM AJ

No worries, AJ...wasn't trying to make you feel guilty.

You took great care of me...assuming it arrives :)

Here's the guilt...I'm sure I would have caught something the last two times I've been out had I had them :) says the guy who is 2 for 20 trips this summer :) LOOOOOOOOL!

Hopefully the jugheads are the cure because I'm doing the same thing with hoochies, spoons, herring, plugs, as everyone else...but there must be some serious stank on my boat.

No worries, AJ...wasn't trying to make you feel guilty.

You took great care of me...assuming it arrives :)

Here's the guilt...I'm sure I would have caught something the last two times I've been out had I had them :) says the guy who is 2 for 20 trips this summer :) LOOOOOOOOL!

Hopefully the jugheads are the cure because I'm doing the same thing with hoochies, spoons, herring, plugs, as everyone else...but there must be some serious stank on my boat.

Maybe you don't have enough "stank" on your boat? lmao!
Well hopefully your luck changes here Mike. It better, the season is gettin' long in the tooth, so to speak :)

Fishwhisperer. Your inbox is full. I want some jugheads please.

Chris

I am all set up with PayPal and am eager to send you money. Check inbox.

Back