2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishinwhenican
That fish equates to 29.68lbs oh so close

Still a great fish, especially solo.
Awesome fish!! and solo makes it that much better.
dont worry your heart rate will come back down to earth soon lol
Congrats, would be nice to see a picture

Love the new location!
aint it the truth tho....been a great year inside for sure and it aint over yet
looking forward to hunting the winters too

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I don't know whether to pull my boat tomorrow or pay for 3 more days and pull it next Sunday. Want to leave some room on my licence to get more into crabbing and prawning this winter and need something to do while they soak but...today was a whole lotta fun. Talk about an addiction huh...

"Vancouver Salmon Capitol of the World"!

Oh sure, get me in to trouble. What the hell..my brothers over in Bamfield and I've been doing better here. Don't me wrong, I love it over there but...."Vancouver Salmon Capitol of the World". Awsome local fishery and I can't get away.

Fishinwhenican
That fish equates to 29.68lbs oh so close

That's the exact reason I got an accurate scale for the boat, I would rather know exactly than use the formula and come that close to the magic number. FYI...anyone wanting an excellent Digital scale that's only $35, Army Navy now carries one, its excellent!!!

Nice one FishwhenIcan. I think I was ahead of you coming out of the Vancouver Marina area yesterday morning. We chose to try Bell in the morning and the over crowded Cap after 12. Came home with nothing to show after 12 hours on the water.
Had a few smaller ones to start then landed one 38" x 25" girth. Apparently, I don't know how to add pictures. One after that one at the same spot, probably high teens lost on the third time out of the water right beside the boat. Almost jumped in to the boat, spit the hook instead. The bigger one's gotta be close to a tyee. If so it's my first one solo. Will post pics Monday, when I have help. At the Sandheads 63' glow teaser heads for both. Fished 8-2.

Off to fish sand heads now. Anyone out there with a report? I will send weather report once I'm out there.

Fished the cap from 8 to 1 today. 18# white spring and a nice hatch coho. Pretty foggy out there in the morning. The run from rocky point was pretty interesting. I can totally see how people can lose their bearings. I could see maybe 100 yds around me, if that. If I didn't have the GPS, I would have been screwed. A couple of tug boat horn blasts let you know there is boats around.

Fished the cap from 8 to 1 today. 18# white spring and a nice hatch coho. Pretty foggy out there in the morning. The run from rocky point was pretty interesting. I can totally see how people can lose their bearings. I could see maybe 100 yds around me, if that. If I didn't have the GPS, I would have been screwed. A couple of tug boat horn blasts let you know there is boats around.

Get radar. It's really nice being able to see what's around you. I took the cps radar course last spring and there's a lot you can do with it.
A gps just makes you overconfident. Fog can be really scary.

Pulled my boat out and met another member at the the launch with a new 20' Duckworth. Niceboat D.J.! Runnin into members everywhere I go.

Pulled my boat out and met another member at the the launch with a new 20' Duckworth. Niceboat D.J.! Runnin into members everywhere I go.[/QUOTE]

Was great to meet you. Looking forward to meeting more members and boxing some fish as I break in the Duck!

Boxed 4 at the Cap today.....and BBQ'd up a feast for the boys.

2 springs, coho and a pink.
C'mon Pipps I know your a picture man!
what boat were you on? I was out from 10-4 except I got no pics to share

Fished the Cap today from noon until 6pm. Lost a beauty at the boat right at high slack. Looked mid to high 20's. Reset the gear for another pass and boom same spot get another hit. Landed a 20 lb red. Next pass a hatchery coho and the the tap turned off. All fish at 100' just up from the bottom on anchovy.

Some good fishing the past few days at the cap. Managed 6 springs, a couple nice coho and some released jack springs. All springs were red or marbled and the biggest was 20 with the rest 12 to 18. Green glo heads just off the bottom worked best and whole herring in a teaser behind a flasher took a good fish. Pretty much all hits came on one side of the boat. This seem to happen to anyone?

C'mon Pipps I know your a picture man!
what boat were you on? I was out from 10-4 except I got no pics to share

Haha, pics will trickle in. I was busy running lines and cooking up steaks, Maui ribs and chorizo on the BBQ.

We were the 33' Grady.

Started out quick for us around 8.....pink and a ~12 lb white to start and then it went quiet. Managed a ho and another spring right before we pulled up so I could watch that disgrace of a Niners game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back